What leadership does a SIC have?
Each SIC elects its own officers annually – a Chair, a Vice Chair, and a Secretary. SICs do not hold funds, so there is no Treasurer. It is the responsibility of the elected SIC Chair to preside over SIC meetings and to work with the principal to develop meeting agendas.
Required SIC duties include:
- Reporting its SIC membership information to the state using the online SC-SIC Member Network by November 15 each year (principal’s responsibility)
Assisting in the preparation of the five-year School Improvement Plan and annual updates;
- Assisting in monitoring the school’s progress under the Plan;
- Consulting with the school on the development of the family engagement portion of the School Reading Plan as required by the Read to Succeed Act;
- Writing the annual SIC Report to the Parents (distributed by April 30 and posted to online SIC Member Network by June 1);
- Assisting the principal in writing the narrative report for the annual SC School Report Card.