- Orange Grove Charter School
Dear Orange Grove Families,
Congratulations on completing your first semester as a teacher! I hope you have enjoyed it, but I know that most of you are probably over it. The pace should definitely have slowed down with this being reading week followed by a week of special area activities. And sadly, that’s it for the year! The week of 5/25 will be dedicated to closing up the school year. Please see the important information below regarding pick up and drop off dates, times and procedures. My goal is to make this exchange a seamlessly organized, efficient, and safe process for both you and my staff.
Thank you for a great year and for all you have done to support Orange Grove and our students. I look forward to and pray for a return to normalcy in the fall.
Drop off/Pick up days 5/27-5/28 at Both Campuses
- Wednesday, May 27
- 8am-11am Last names A-D,
- 12pm-3pm Last names E-K
- Thursday, May 28
- 8am-11am Last names L-Q
- 12pm-3pm Last names R-Z
- This is to be a hands-free event. As much as we want to see, hug, and high five everyone, please limit the number of family members who come to the school as well as your time spent in the classroom.
- Homeroom teachers will have items for pick up on each student’s desk, including summer packets, report cards and yearbooks (if purchased). Items will be labeled so parents know which items belong to their child.
- We are opening all side doors as well as the main doors for entrance and exit. Parents may park where they can and enter the building closest to their child(ren)’s classroom, if possible. Please follow social distancing protocols and wear a mask or face covering.
- Parents will go directly to their child’s homeroom and drop items to be returned on their student’s desk while also picking up items to take home. Teachers will communicate with you about the items that need to be returned so that you can avoid any unnecessary return trips for forgotten items.
- Medicine pick up will also take place in the nurse’s clinic during these times.
- Boxes will be placed throughout the building at entrances for library book drop off. Media center staff will then put these in quarantine before processing and re-shelving later this summer.
- Summer packets for elementary include reading logs and math facts practice. These activities are highly encouraged, but not required.
- Summer AR testing will not happen this summer thanks to having the ability to test for points online.
- Extended Day Registration-elementary registration closes on Friday, 5/15. Please email Harlan Renken with any questions at Harlan_renken@orangegrovecharter.com. Middle School registration will remain open until all seats are filled. Please email Allison Steffens at Allison_steffens@orangegrovecharter.com with any questions.
- Charter Board Voting-Voting is delayed until we resume school in the fall.