- Camp Road Middle School
SC READY and PASS Testing
Link to this document
Dear Camp Road Parents and Guardians,
Please read the information below regarding state testing (SC READY and SC PASS) this year. You will receive future communications as we draw closer to the testing dates.
What Are SC READY and SC PASS?
Review the links for the parent brochures that provide information regarding SC READY and SC PASS.
- SC READY: https://ed.sc.gov/tests/middle/sc-ready/information-for-parents/
- SC PASS: https://ed.sc.gov/tests/middle/scpass/scpass-information-for-parents/
What tests will my child take this year?
The tests your children take are based on their academic grade (6th, 7th, or 8th). Below are the testing dates and what grade(s) will take the tests:
- ELA Session 1/Writing - May 25 note that all dates have been changed to just numbers, without suffixes such as nd for may 2. (Tuesday) - 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Students
- ELA Session 2/Reading - May 27 (Thursday) - 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Students
- Mathematics - June 2 - (Wednesday) - 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Students
- Science - June 3 - (Thursday) Only 6th Grade Students
***No Social Studies tests this year for any middle school students***
Testing Day Tips
- Please make sure your child gets plenty of rest the night before the tests.
- Please make sure your child arrives at school by 8:30am and isn't tardy. Students may not be able to test on the scheduled day if they are tardy.
- Please do not schedule any appointments for your child during the day of a test in order to avoid any conflicts with testing. It is estimated that testing will end at 12 pm for each session, but not guaranteed.
Students are not allowed to have electronic devices that can be used for communication, recording, timing, creating images, or storing images. Student possession of devices such as, but not limited to, tablets, smart phones, cell phones, mp3 players, e-readers, smart watches, smart glasses, or any other electronic imaging or photographic devices during testing is not allowed. Students will be required to turn in any electronic devices to their testing administrator prior to testing. Turned in electronic devices will be given back to the student once the testing session has ended.
How will the tests be administered?
All students, whether in person or learning virtually, will take the SC READY and SC PASS tests on campus. Unlike MAP testing, taking the SC READY and SC PASS tests at home is not permitted.
What if my student is learning virtually at home?
In order to take the SC READY and SC PASS tests, virtual students will need to be on campus with a testing administrator to take the tests. Email (see below) Mr. Brant Glover if you have any questions or concerns regarding your virtual child testing.