- Burke High School
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is working with your school district to provide flu vaccines at your child’s school this fall. This year DHEC is offering both the flu shot and the flu nasal spray. It is important that all children get vaccinated every year.
There will be no cost to you or your child for the flu vaccine/nasal spray at school. If applicable, payment from Medicaid will be made to DHEC on your behalf.
If you would like your child to get a flu vaccine or flu nasal spray at school:
- Go to http://www.scdhec.gov/slvcconsent using your smartphone, computer or tablet and enter  as your validation code.
- If you are not able to complete the online consent, complete the front of the attached form and return it to school within (5) days of receiving this letter.
If your child is under the age of 9, he or she may need to get a second flu vaccine or flu nasal spray for the best protection. You will be notified if your child will need a second flu vaccine or flu nasal spray.
If your child does not receive the flu vaccine or flu nasal spray at school, please contact your child’s healthcare provider or health department to get the flu vaccine or nasal spray.
Jonathan Knoche, MD, MPH, MSt
Medical Consultant, Immunization Division
Once you have returned the Parent Consent Form, please contact the DHEC Regional Immunization Office for your county before the scheduled vaccination clinic, if any of the following events occur:
- There are any changes in your child’s health.
- You decide you no longer want your child to receive the flu vaccine at school.
DHEC Regional Immunization Office Contact Information:
- Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, Jasper, and Orangeburg counties: (843) 953-0080.
- Aiken, Barnwell, Chester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lexington, Newberry, Richland, Saluda, York counties: (803) 602-2073.
- Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg, Union counties: (864) 596-2227 Ext. 246.
- Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Sumter, Williamsburg counties: (843) 413-6404.