- Angel Oak Elementary School
Back to School Update from our Principal
Hello Angel Oak Elementary Parents/Families,
We are so excited to welcome our "Wise Owls" to school this week to begin the 2021-22 school year! Please read below for important information/reminders:
-Our "Back to School" folder is an awesome online resource. This link is where you will find resources like our uniform requirements, bus stops, school supply lists, etc. It is VERY important to review this information & will answer many of the questions you may have. We will adding more information over the coming days. Here is the folder link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18w4jKpKLdWd0xBUHAcrZvM4YcvtiWqH0?usp=sharing
-Join us this Monday and/or Tuesday for our “Meet and Greet” events! Bring your child to meet their teacher & explore the school on the dates and times below:
Monday, August 16: Kindergarten & 1st grade, 9-11:30 a.m.
2nd grade (all except Fowler’s class) & 3rd grade, 1-3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, August 17: 4th grade, 5th grade & 2nd (Fowler’s class only), 9-11:30 a.m.
Meet and Greet guidelines:
- This is a drop in event so you can come any time on your assigned date during the assigned time span. Please come at least 30 minutes before your time span ends to be able to complete tasks before the event ends.
- Please only park in designated parking spots and the large grass lots that can be entered from the car loop. Do not park on the grounds of the school or you will be asked to move your vehicle.
- Due to Covid-19 capacity restrictions and to avoid overcrowding, only two parents/family members may accompany per student to “Meet and Greet” events. No non-school aged children/siblings are allowed. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to try to keep everyone safe and make sure the experience is a positive one.
- At this time, masks are strongly recommended but optional. If anything changes before the events, you will be updated.
- If you have multiple children in different grades at our school, you will need to attend on separate days (if applicable) due to these restrictions. Only teachers in the grade levels listed will be available to meet with you on their assigned “Meet and Greet” days. Please respect their planning & preparation time as we prepare for the school year.
- You can bring school supplies with you to drop off in your child’s classroom.
- During this event, you will also be able to pay student fees, join PTA, find out about after school Kaleidoscope care, receive car tags for student pickup & more. Remember, you can do a lot of these tasks that require payment in advance using our RevTrack online payment system. Bring cash or check if you plan to pay for items in person.
-The first day of school is this Wednesday, August 18. Students can enter the building beginning at 7:55 a.m. Like last school year, due to social distancing restrictions & health/safety protocol, parents will not be able to walk children to class. Thank you for your understanding as we work to keep our students safe & healthy. Don't worry...we will have plenty of smiling faces ready to help our Owls find their way:) Please note that masks are still required on school buses. Please make sure that your child's teacher knows how your child is getting home during the first week of school. Dismissal will begin at 3:10 p.m. There will be no walk ups (unless you live within walking distance of the school) so please stay in your car in the line if you are picking up your child. Please be patient as new families & students acclimate to dismissal processes at our school. Be prepared for longer dismissal times during the first few days of school.
-Please see this link for important reminders/updates from our School Resource Officer, Deputy Hutchinson, regarding car line procedures: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1epVCAFkrUTxnlIxYKkzhoff-H3jmc1vCuaCGaTqGb1k/edit?usp=sharing Child safety is our top priority. Please be kind, patient & respectful in car line every day.
It is going to be a great year at AOE! We look forward to seeing you & your child this week!