- Angel Oak Elementary School
Meet and Greet: Date, Times and Information
Hello Angel Oak Elementary Parents and Families,
The 2021-22 school year is approaching and we want to make sure that you and your child have a great start to the school year! You will begin receiving emails from Principal Condon weekly throughout the school year to keep you updated. This information will also be shared on our website and social media accounts. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Here is some important information as we prepare for school to begin:
-Our "Back to School" folder is an awesome online resource. This link is where you will find resources like our uniform requirements, school supply lists, the student/parent handbook, the student code of conduct, FAQs, a virtual photo tour of the school, tips for preparing your child for school and more! It is VERY important to review this information before school starts and will answer many of the questions you may have. We will adding more information over the coming weeks. Here is the folder link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18w4jKpKLdWd0xBUHAcrZvM4YcvtiWqH0?usp=sharing
-Our Revtrack portal is the easiest way to pay for items to prepare for school year. You can pay student fees, order a yearbook, purchase a school t-shirt and even make donations to our programs using this one easy online portal. This portal will open on Tuesday, August 3rd at noon. Here is the link: https://angeloak.revtrak.net/ (You can also pay these fees at “Meet and Greet”, but it’s always nice to skip the lines:)
-If your student will be riding the bus this year, please use the bus look up tool at this link to find the nearest stop/pick up and drop off times to your home: https://www.ccsdschools.com/transportation
-Class lists will be posted on the exterior doors of the school on Friday, August 13 after 4 p.m. To protect student privacy, students will be listed by last name, first initial. These lists will stay up through "Meet and Greet" events.
-Save the Date for our “Meet and Greet” events! Bring your child to meet their teacher, see their classroom and explore the school on the dates and times below:
Monday, August 16:
Kindergarten and 1st grade, 9-11:30 a.m.
2nd grade (all except Fowler’s class) and 3rd grade, 1-3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, August 17:
4th grade, 5th grade and 2nd (Fowler’s class only), 9-11:30 a.m.
*CD classes will each schedule their own times to meet with new students and parents. Your teacher will contact you with details.
Meet and Greet guidelines:
- This is a drop in event so you can come any time on your assigned date during the assigned time span. Please come at least 30 minutes before your time span ends to be able to complete tasks before the event ends.
- Due to Covid-19 capacity restrictions and to avoid overcrowding, only two parents/family members may accompany per student to “Meet and Greet” events. No non-school aged children/siblings are allowed. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to try to keep everyone safe and make sure the experience is a positive one.
- At this time, masks are highly recommended but optional. If anything changes before the events, you will be updated.
- If you have multiple children in different grades at our school, you will need to attend on separate days (if applicable) due to these restrictions. Only teachers in the grade levels listed will be available to meet with you on their assigned “Meet and Greet” days. Please respect their planning and preparation time as we prepare for the school year.
- You can bring school supplies with you to drop off in your child’s classroom.
- During this event, you will also be able to pay student fees, join PTA, find out about after school Kaleidoscope care, receive your car tags for student pickup and more. Remember, you can do a lot of these tasks in advance using our RevTrack online payment system. Bring cash or check if you plan to pay for items in person.
We expect to welcome back close to 700 “Wise Owl” students this school year to AOE! As we continue to grow and expand, you may notice some “work in progress” on our school grounds. Please be patient as we work to finish these projects and redesign some protocol to best meet the needs of our students and families. More reminders will be coming in regards to car line, parking and other key information before school starts!
It’s going to be an awesome year as we travel “Around the World in 180 Days” at AOE! We can't wait to see you soon!