- Constituent District 1 - St. James-Santee (McClellanville, Awendaw)
Constituent District 2 - Mount Pleasant
- District 2 Board Members
- District 2 Meeting Schedule
- Agendas and Minutes
- Moultrie Middle Zoning
- Lucy Beckham Rezoning
- Carolina Park Rezoning
- Constituent District 3 - James Island
- Constituent District 4 - Cooper River (North Charleston)
- Constituent District 9 - John's Island
Constituent District 10 - West Ashley
- District 10 Board Members
- District 10 Meeting Schedule
- 2021-2022 Agendas & Minutes
- D10 Updates
- Constituent District 20 - Downtown Charleston
- Constituent District 23 - St. Paul's (Hollywood and Ravenel)
- Charleston County School District
- Constituent District 2 - Mount Pleasant
Return to Headlines
Wando swims past competition to collect fifth straight SCHSL state title
The Wando High School girls' swim team dominated the South Carolina High School League (SCHSL) AAAAA state championship swim meet on Saturday, October 9, 2021, in North Charleston and rolled to the program's fifth straight state championship. The Warriors' won the team title with 412 points; Fort Mill was the runner-up at 297.50 points.
Veteran leadership was a factor for Wando, as 10 seniors helped lead the way to victory, and the program's seventh state title overall.
The Warriors also captured four individual/relay events: Sophie Frece won the 100-meter backstroke (56.11); Gil Shaw finished first in the 100-meter breaststroke (1:04.07); Frece, Shaw, Illy Lightfoot, and Eliza Baxter combined to take the 200-meter medley relay (1:45.80); and Frece, Shaw, Baxter, and Halle Schart won the 400-meter freestyle relay (3:36.58).
The following swimmers participated in the state meet for Wando:
Cheryl Durden serves as the program's head coach, and Elissa Manchester is the assistant coach.