Dear GMCHS Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your patience as our teachers are working on modifying lesson plans, uploading documents to Google Classrooms, and making copies for scholars who may not have internet access. Before I begin discussing procedural information, I would like to encourage everyone to seek facts and shun fear. With a level head, we will overcome this challenge that we are currently facing.
Here is some information to help you and your scholar navigate home-based learning in the coming weeks:
- Picking up Chromebooks/ i-Pads, textbooks, or packets. Chromebooks/ i-Pads and other resources may be picked up in the front office from 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm on Monday , March 16, 2020 and from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm on Tuesday March 17, 2020. Food Pantry boxes are also available for pick up at this time.
- E-Learning School Days. E-Learning Days are intended to provide access to learning on days when there are school cancellations. It provides continuous learning when school is cancelled. These days ARE considered school days and students will be held accountable for work assigned during this time.
- Google Classrooms. Teachers will be posting information in their Google Classrooms for each class today. We will begin each school day at 8am and end at 3pm. Teachers will have office hours each day. Parents and guardians are able to log into the google classrooms to review assignments and communication. Teachers will post instructional videos and links to appropriate support resources. Assignments will be posted in Google classrooms for each day.
- Scholar Expectations. The expectation is that scholars be actively engaged and completing assignments for classes each day. They should be reaching out to teachers for help. Assessments may look different and will most likely be “open book” where scholars are able to demonstrate their mastery of the content in different ways.
- School Counseling. Concerning school counseling, Mr. Miles will be available via email. His email address is email@example.com. All Individual Graduation Plans (IGP) and other meetings may be completed via phone conference during a scheduled time. Mrs. Gibbs will also be available to assist parents with any concern they may have. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the list of all staff and their email addresses below:
GREG MATHIS CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL
- Ian Barnett – email@example.com
- Venessa Campbell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darrell Chaplin -- email@example.com
- Olivia Dickerson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antar Fisher – email@example.com
- Natrice Henriques -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathryn Jenkins -- email@example.com
- Laurianne McKoyfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Handy Miles – email@example.com
- Marilyn Nesbitt – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jimar Prioleau – email@example.com
- Mary Todd – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Narda Young – email@example.com
Access to Food Distribution
As a result of Governor Henry McMaster’s order issued Sunday afternoon related to coronavirus, the Charleston County School District will launch grab and go style meal distribution sites.
The meal service will consist of a breakfast and lunch for students at 15 sites within the school district.
The meal service will operate between the hours of 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
The following sites have been designated for meal distribution:
- Carolina Voyager Charter at 721 Wappoo Rd, Charleston, SC
- Charleston Charter for Math and Science at 1002 King St, Charleston, SC
- Charleston County School of the Arts at 5109 W Enterprise St B, North Charleston, SC
- Charleston Progressive Academy at 382 Meeting St, Charleston, SC
- Chicora Elementary School at 3100 Carner Ave, North Charleston, SC
- E.B. Ellington Elementary School at 5540 Old Jacksonboro Rd, Ravenel, SC
- Goodwin Elementary School at 5501 Dorchester Rd, North Charleston, SC
- Harborview Elementary School at 1576 Harbor View Rd, Charleston, SC
- Haut Gap Middle School at 1861 Bohicket Rd, Johns Island, SC
- Ladson Elementary School at 3321 Ladson Rd, Ladson, SC
- Laing Middle School 2705 Bulrush Basket Lane, Mt Pleasant, SC
- Sanders Clyde Elementary School at 805 Morrison Dr, Charleston, SC
- St. James-Santee Elementary-Middle School at 8900 US-17, McClellanville, SC
- Stall High School at 3625 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston, SC
- West Ashley Middle School at 1776 William Kennerty Dr, Charleston, SC
Students 18 years or younger will be provided a lunch and breakfast for the following day.
Students from neighboring districts are also eligible to participate in the meal service offered at the Charleston County School’s locations.
The meal distribution sites are designated for drive-up or walk-up pick up only. Cafeterias will not be open for on-site meal service.
Meals may include perishable components and will be stored in temperature-controlled environments prior to distribution. Allergen information will be included with the meal components offered.
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.
We will continue to update you. Please reach out to us if you have questions or concerns.
Natrice Henriques- Principal.