12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Family Fun Day & Fundraiser
Good afternoon Eagle Family,
During this unusual time in our school year, remember to keep others in your thoughts and prayers. This is a time where empathy and compassion for others should be practiced. You never know how others are being affected by this pandemic.
Here are some updates for your awareness and benefit;
1. Our shutdown has been extended until April 30, 2020. You will be receiving additional information from your teachers and administrators regarding school operations as we approach the CCSD Spring Break week.
2. MMA leadership team will issue additional eDevices on Thursday, March 26, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. only. This is a pick up service. Please enter in the car loop in the front of the school and remain in your car. Devices will be released to parents or guardians. Each family is limited to one device per household. If you already have a school eDevice please do not request an additional device. Technical assistance for devices can be accessed by calling the help line at 843-308-8181 or by meeting the CCSD IT Bus at one of its scheduled locations. This information is posted at www.ccsdschools.com.
3. CCSD sponsors daily breakfast and lunch drops at designated schools in each constituent district. Visit the CCSD webpage for times and locations.
4. Parents it is absolutely necessary that you and your cadet scholar contact teachers regularly. The 3rd Quarter officially ends today, and we need cadets to submit previously assigned work. Cadets may submit work by uploading to the google classrooms, email, or text messages. For cadets that have printed materials, please screenshot your completed assignments and send copies to your instructors.
We are available via email between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. daily. Please take advantage of the office/instructional hour scheduled for each course and instructor. As always continue to check our official webpage, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for news and updates related to our school. Have a great evening.
The Military Magnet Academy is a caring school where all cadets are challenged to learn every day. The Military Magnet Academy prepares students to become competent, disciplined, and responsible citizens by providing the necessary learning environment. The Military Magnet Academy is committed to student academics, extracurricular activities, and parent and community involvement. The academic program develops the whole person by providing a foundation for success in today’s world of high technology.
The mission of the Military Magnet Academy is to achieve academic excellence, to develop citizenship, and to promote self-discipline in a military environment.
Palmetto Award Winner
Since 2005, the Military Magnet Academy has consistently won the Palmetto Gold and Silver Awards for closing the achievement gaps and demonstrating the school's commitment to excellence and ensuring that every student meets the profile of the South Carolina graduate.
Did you know?
- MMA is a public school, not a residential or private school
- MMA is a leadership school, not a discipline school for troubled youth
- MMA promotes military values, but cadets do not have to join the military after graduation
- MMA offers high school credit in middle school and dual credit college classes in high school
- MMA cadets will be able to attend the new CAS, one of three regional career centers in the school district
- MMA cadets have the opportunity to earn the Military Seal of Distinction at graduation
- MMA 2019's On-time graduation rate was 95%
- MMA Overall Rating in the 2018-2019 SC School Report Card was "Good," which means that "the school performance exceeds the criteria to ensure all students meet the profile of the South Carolina graduate."
- At MMA, each middle school grade level is assigned a military tactical officer, who serves as the Leadership class instructor and mentor
- At MMA, the teacher-student ratio is 20:1
- At MMA, teachers, counselors, administrators and support staff go above and beyond the call of duty to serve students, parents, community members, and fellow staff members.
MMA Uniform Compliance Expectations
- Female Cadets: You are allowed to wear small studded earrings, clear polish or french manicured business style nails, the hairstyle should not be bulky, hang off of the collar and shoulders, be its natural color and fit into the MMA hat properly.
- Male Cadets: Are not allowed to wear earrings, matted hairstyles, twists, or dreadlocks, only one straight part in hair, and zero facial hair with exception of a neatly trimmed mustache.
- All cadets: Should wear black calf-high socks, blacks MMA shirts for cadet leaders, white MMA shirt for all other cadets, the official MMA red shorts, and the appropriate grade level hat, and sneakers. If you need a hat please be prepared to purchase one tomorrow morning.
- No hooded sweatshirts or jackets are allowed on campus.
- No earbuds, EarPods, or headphones are allowed to be worn on campus.