March 25, 2020
March 27, 2020
March 30, 2020
April 6, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 8, 2020
a) Senior cadets and parents meeting will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 26th at 6 pm.
b) PBIS committee is still accepting donations. Additionally, the no referral party will be held on Friday, Feb. 28th during lunchtime.
c) Parents, please keep up with your cadet’s attendance; also, if you have moved please update your demographic information with our office staff.
d) MMA yearbook is now on sale for $30. Please support this year’s committee.
e) A note must be turned in to the office in the morning if your child has to be released from classes early. Remember, early release ends at 3:00 p.m. Cadets should not arrive and be left on campus before 7:45 a.m. All cadets should now have clear book bags upon arriving on campus. Parents, please keep all non-compliant book bags at home, your cadet should now have a clear bag in accordance with school expectations. Additionally, please adhere to the arrival, drop-off, pick-up, and dismissal expectations.
Please continue to check our MMA website, Facebook page, and Twitter page for additional updates and news related to our family. Let’s have a great week Eagle family.
The Military Magnet Academy is a caring school where all cadets are challenged to learn every day. The Military Magnet Academy prepares students to become competent, disciplined, and responsible citizens by providing the necessary learning environment. The Military Magnet Academy is committed to student academics, extracurricular activities, and parent and community involvement. The academic program develops the whole person by providing a foundation for success in today’s world of high technology.
The mission of the Military Magnet Academy is to achieve academic excellence, to develop citizenship, and to promote self-discipline in a military environment.
Palmetto Award Winner
Since 2005, the Military Magnet Academy has consistently won the Palmetto Gold and Silver Awards for closing the achievement gaps and demonstrating the school's commitment to excellence and ensuring that every student meets the profile of the South Carolina graduate.
Did you know?
- MMA is a public school, not a residential or private school
- MMA is a leadership school, not a discipline school for troubled youth
- MMA promotes military values, but cadets do not have to join the military after graduation
- MMA offers high school credit in middle school and dual credit college classes in high school
- MMA cadets will be able to attend the new CAS, one of three regional career centers in the school district
- MMA cadets have the opportunity to earn the Military Seal of Distinction at graduation
- MMA 2019's On-time graduation rate was 95%
- MMA Overall Rating in the 2018-2019 SC School Report Card was "Good," which means that "the school performance exceeds the criteria to ensure all students meet the profile of the South Carolina graduate."
- At MMA, each middle school grade level is assigned a military tactical officer, who serves as the Leadership class instructor and mentor
- At MMA, the teacher-student ratio is 20:1
- At MMA, teachers, counselors, administrators and support staff go above and beyond the call of duty to serve students, parents, community members, and fellow staff members.
MMA Uniform Compliance Expectations
- Female Cadets: You are allowed to wear small studded earrings, clear polish or french manicured business style nails, the hairstyle should not be bulky, hang off of the collar and shoulders, be its natural color and fit into the MMA hat properly.
- Male Cadets: Are not allowed to wear earrings, matted hairstyles, twists, or dreadlocks, only one straight part in hair, and zero facial hair with exception of a neatly trimmed mustache.
- All cadets: Should wear black calf-high socks, blacks MMA shirts for cadet leaders, white MMA shirt for all other cadets, the official MMA red shorts, and the appropriate grade level hat, and sneakers. If you need a hat please be prepared to purchase one tomorrow morning.
- No hooded sweatshirts or jackets are allowed on campus.
- No earbuds, EarPods, or headphones are allowed to be worn on campus.
School Choice Application is Open
School Choice application for admission into Military Magnet Academy for the academic year 2020-2021 will remain open until February 28th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. To pick up or drop off a paper application, feel free to stop by our administrative office during school hours. If you need individual assistance with the application process, we are available Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. To apply online, click here. Apply now!
La Solicitud de Elección de Escuela Está Abierta
La solicitud de Elección de escuela para la admisión en Military Magnet Academy para el año académico 2020-2021 permanecerá abierta hasta el 28 de febrero de 2020 a las 4:00 p.m. Para recoger o dejar una solicitud en papel, no dude en pasar por nuestra oficina administrativa durante el horario escolar. Si necesita asistencia individual con el proceso de solicitud, estamos disponibles de lunes a viernes de 4:00 a 5:30 p.m. Para llenar una solicitud en línea, presione aqui. ¡Aplica ya!