September 7, 2020
September 8, 2020
Many of you have questions about your scholar's end of year report card. The Charleston County School District report cards will be released this week. The delay, is directly related to all schools grades being verified before publishing. You should receive communication from our CCSD personnel on how to retrieve and when your report card will be available to view. If you have not received this information by the end of the week, please contact a member of the MMA administration or school counseling department. Thank you, and have a great evening.
The Military Magnet Academy is a caring school where all cadets are challenged to learn every day. The Military Magnet Academy prepares students to become competent, disciplined, and responsible citizens by providing the necessary learning environment. The Military Magnet Academy is committed to student academics, extracurricular activities, and parent and community involvement. The academic program develops the whole person by providing a foundation for success in today’s world of high technology.
The mission of the Military Magnet Academy is to achieve academic excellence, to develop citizenship, and to promote self-discipline in a military environment.
Palmetto Award Winner
Since 2005, the Military Magnet Academy has consistently won the Palmetto Gold and Silver Awards for closing the achievement gaps and demonstrating the school's commitment to excellence and ensuring that every student meets the profile of the South Carolina graduate.
Did you know?
- MMA is a public school, not a residential or private school
- MMA is a leadership school, not a discipline school for troubled youth
- MMA promotes military values, but cadets do not have to join the military after graduation
- MMA offers high school credit in middle school and dual credit college classes in high school
- MMA cadets will be able to attend the new CAS, one of three regional career centers in the school district
- MMA cadets have the opportunity to earn the Military Seal of Distinction at graduation
- MMA 2019's On-time graduation rate was 95%
- MMA Overall Rating in the 2018-2019 SC School Report Card was "Good," which means that "the school performance exceeds the criteria to ensure all students meet the profile of the South Carolina graduate."
- At MMA, each middle school grade level is assigned a military tactical officer, who serves as the Leadership class instructor and mentor
- At MMA, the teacher-student ratio is 20:1
- At MMA, teachers, counselors, administrators and support staff go above and beyond the call of duty to serve students, parents, community members, and fellow staff members.
MMA Uniform Compliance Expectations
- Female Cadets: You are allowed to wear small studded earrings, clear polish or french manicured business style nails, the hairstyle should not be bulky, hang off of the collar and shoulders, be its natural color and fit into the MMA hat properly.
- Male Cadets: Are not allowed to wear earrings, matted hairstyles, twists, or dreadlocks, only one straight part in hair, and zero facial hair with exception of a neatly trimmed mustache.
- All cadets: Should wear black calf-high socks, blacks MMA shirts for cadet leaders, white MMA shirt for all other cadets, the official MMA red shorts, and the appropriate grade level hat, and sneakers. If you need a hat please be prepared to purchase one tomorrow morning.
- No hooded sweatshirts or jackets are allowed on campus.
- No earbuds, EarPods, or headphones are allowed to be worn on campus.