Partial Magnet FAQs
- What is a partial magnet school?
– A partial magnet school is a school that has a focus/ theme and a defined attendance zone.
– In addition, a specific number of seats are allocated to students who live outside the attendance zone
- Will my child still have bus transportation?
– If you live in our attendance zone, bus transportation will be provided
– Bus transportation will not be provided for magnet students
- How will it be determined who gets to come to JBE?
– First priority: JBE attendance zone
– Second priority: Our constituent district (Mt. Pleasant, Isle of Palms, and Sullivan’s Island)
– Third priority: Students from other constituent districts (Charleston County)