- SIC is an advisory board made up of elected parents, teachers, community members, and other members appointed by the principal.
- SIC brings the concerns and needs of the school community to the table to be discussed and deals with school policies and funds for school improvement.
If you would like to share an idea or concern with the SIC, please reach out to any member of the council.
Meeting dates and times are announced and open to the public.
The SIC follows a set of bylaws and when seats are open for re-election, a call for nominations will be sent to the community, the candidate's bios will be shared, and elections will be held when the school year begins.
- The PTO is organized for the purpose of supporting the education of children at James B Edwards Elementary by fostering relationships among the school, parents, teachers and community.
- The PTO budget is posted on the PTO website for transparency.
- Please consider joining a committee to help make JBE 'The Best Little School In The Lowcountry!"
- Fundraising Committee
- Community Building Committee
- Faculty Relations Committee
- Beautification Committee
- Communications Committee
- Executive Board:
- Vice President
TLE- Tom Lee Endowment
- Established after longtime principal Tom Lee retired and money raised is used to fund student enrichment not funded by CCSD.
- The TLE’s mission is to raise funds to enhance the ability to attain educational goals and improve the intellectual capacity of its students.