- 2 Primary Classes (3-6 year olds)
- 7 Lower Elementary (1st-3rd grade)
- 4 Upper Elementary (4th-6th grade)
- Middle School Community (7th-8th grade)
- Our average student:teacher ratio is 13:1
- There is at least one certified Montessori teacher in each class
- Every lead teacher is South Carolina certified, as well as Montessori trained in the area which they teach.
- ECMCS provides inclusive Gifted & Talented Programming. Each lead teacher is Gifted & Talented Endorsed by the State of South Carolina Board of Education.
- Each class has a teaching assistant
*Do to COVID, we reduced our class sizes by increasing the number of classes. As a result, our teaching asssistants are shared among multiple classrooms changing our ratio to 18:1 when the assistant is with a different class. It is our intention to return to our regular structure when COVID protections are no longer required.
ECMCS is located in beautiful Mt. Pleasant, SC allowing for year-round outdoor time. Our students enjoy two beautiful playgrounds, class gardens, a shaded courtyard featuring the Louis C. Meyer Literacy Garden, and outdoor classroom spaces that are also useable for eating lunch in the fresh air.
Our classrooms are spacious and airy and have been renovated to meet the needs of Montessori learners. Each classroom is outfitted with Montessori materials and technology upgrades which will include a Promethian Board. Other features include a theater with new audio and video systems, a STEM room with a dedicated STEM coordinator.