St. Andrew's School of Math & Science is proud to have Charleston Police Officer Nik Holum as our School Resource Officer this year. We asked Officer Holum to tell us a little bit about himself.
Hi! I am City of Charleston Master Police Officer Nik Holum, or as the kids call me, Officer Nik. I am excited to be assigned as the School Resource Officer (SRO) to SASMS. Prior to coming to SASMS, I was a founding member of the Charleston Police Department's School Security Response Team and spent 5 years in that unit. In fact, in the first three years, I was assigned to SSRT, SASMS was one of the schools under my watch.
I have been with CPD since moving to Charleston in 2008. Prior to that, I served as a police officer in my home state of Kentucky for four years (Newport PD). I am a 2004 graduate of The Citadel and hold a Business Administration degree.
My wife Susan and I have been married for 14 years and have two kids, Cora and Charlie, and a dog, Zoe.
Quote for Students:
"It's never too late to fix a mistake" - Berenstain Bears
"It's never the wrong time to do the right thing" - Mark Twain
- High School: North Hopkins High School in Madisonville KY.
- College: The Citadel
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A professional baseball player.
- Favorite subject in school? Math
- Favorite sport: Baseball
- Favorite sports team(s): Minnesota Twins & Cincinnati Bengals (and whatever team Lebron James is on)!
- Favorite food: Krispy Kreme donuts, of course!
- Hidden talent: I'm a drummer!
- Childhood hero: Michael Jordan