St. Andrew's Elementary was established in 1950 with 150 students and five teachers. The first principal, Mr. Charles Culbertson, had an adjoining street named in honor of his contributions to the community.
Today, our school remains a focal point for the West Ashley community as well as other Charleston areas as a constituent magnet school. We have grown with the Charleston area with over 775 students and 66 staff members with state-of-the-art technology and science centers and a challenging curriculum that utilizes a STEM (science, technology & math) core in all subject areas.
We are known as the "Magnets" and the school colors are blue and gold.