Charleston County School District Volunteer Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with the Charleston County School District! In order to ensure a safe school environment for CCSD students, faculty, staff, and visitors, all individuals serving as a volunteer with the Charleston County School District must complete an online application process, which includes a complete criminal background check.
In order to be considered for a volunteer position with the Charleston County School District, please complete the Volunteer Application. The link is at the top of the page.
1. Access the online Volunteer Application
2. Complete the online form with the information being requested. Failure to provide the requested information may delay the processing and/or result in the application being denied.
3. Be sure to select the school(s) where you plan to volunteer.
4. At the end of the application - be sure to click on SUBMIT.
5. You will receive an email at the address you provided in your application with confirmation that the application has been received for processing.
6. Once your application is approved, you should receive an email within 72 hours notifying you of the status.
7. If you do not receive a response within 72 hours of submission, please contact the Charleston County School District Security and Emergency Management Department at 843-214-6067.