Opportunities (click each for details)
Check out the CCSD Career & Technology Education page for information and opportunities. Great for students interested in Work-based Learning during the Summer.
C3: Charleston Civil Rights and Civics
Charleston Civil Rights and Civics (C3), in partnership with Kids on Point, is an immersive civil rights experience for high school students completing their freshman year. Through a weeklong program, students will engage with our civil rights history and democratic process, enabling them to better understand each other and become life-long active citizens.
July 31, 2023 - August 4, 2023
Camp ArtismCamp Artism is a program for artists with autism, in partnership with Charleston Southern University and founded by CSU alumni, thriving actress & philanthropist, Ashley Drayton.Year 6 is here with a 95% retention rate! Camp Artism offers executive experiences that champion mobility, creative arts careers related to the TV / Film industry, independent living, disaster preparedness, and phenomenal friendships, for autistic artists age 12 and up- even adults with autism!Autistic artists (age 12 & up) who'd love to participate! Register today: Camp Artism Charleston, SC @ Home2 Suites Mt. Pleasant | Camp Artism48 hours of phenomenal friendships + breakthroughs via Voice Over, Driver Training, Video Editing, Graphic Design, Underwater Videography/Photography, and more! Artists with Autism ages 12 and up. Daily T-shirts, hot lunch + snacks are provided.See what happened last year at Camp Artism Charleston, SC 2022! Charleston, SC | April 10-15, 2023 (campartism.com)Camp Artism Testimonials are here: Camp Artism Testimonials!!Camp Artism Information: Camp Artism Information
4-H Pinckney Leadership Conference
● The 4-H Pinckney Leadership Conference is open to rising sophomores (currently in 9th grade) and juniors (currently in 10th grade).
● Youth leaders will have a weeklong experience at Clemson University learning how to become a stronger leader, a positive role model, and an inspiration to other youth.
● This weeklong conference is held June 18-24th & July 10-16 providing two opportunities for high school youth to participate.
Registration closes on Friday, March 31
SC Business Week
the premier youth program of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce. The timely and customized curriculum encourages participants to excel as individuals while becoming integral team players.
Each year, South Carolina Business Week presents four college scholarships totaling $12,000 to deserving students. The scholarships are S. Hunter Howard, Jr. Business Week Scholarship ($5,000), the Ron McNair Leadership Scholarship ($5,000), and the Chelse Ward Elliott Scholarship ($2,000). Students who receive one of the first two scholarships must attend an in-state college or university to receive the scholarship money.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
Charleston County 2023 Summer Youth Internship Program
● Internships for students between the ages of 16 and 21.
● Must be a resident of Charleston County.
● Must be enrolled in high school or college
● Application deadline is May 5th.
● Applicants can apply at: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/syip/application.php