Opportunities (click each for details)
Check out the CCSD Career & Technology Education page for information and opportunities. Great for students interested in Work-based Learning during the Summer.
Pharmacy PharmDamental Program
The MUSC College of Pharmacy PharmDamental Program is specifically designed to engage high school students interested in STEM or healthcare careers. The program will provide a fundamental understanding of the pharmacy profession and introduce students to the many career options available.
MUSC PharmDamental participants will interact with pharmacists representing a wide range of career opportunities, engage with MUSC College of Pharmacy Student Ambassadors, and meet the dean of the MUSC College of Pharmacy.
Upon completion of the MUSC College of Pharmacy PharmDamentals program, students will have a more comprehensive understanding of the profession of pharmacy and have fundamental tools to foster their desire to pursue a healthcare career, specifically the profession of pharmacy.
The 2021 MUSC College of Pharmacy PharmDamentals program will take place virtually on Friday, July 30.
Register here: https://redcap.musc.
Junior Girls Day Out
Virtual Junior Girls Financial Literacy, Business Start-ups & Shark Tank program via Zoom.
They will have some of the top Financial Experts, Business Gurus and Millionaires from around the southeast and southwest to mentor and instruct the girls. This program was debuted in-person at Georgia State University.
The FREE virtual program for girls, ages 6-14, runs on Saturdays until July 31st.
Find the schedule online.Winthrop University
WU has 2 accounting/ business programs that are being offered to high school minority students.
ACAP- Accounting Career Awareness Program
- Trademark program held every year by the National Association of Black Accountants
- Students will learn from business professionals about professional development, accounting, finance and financial literacy
- Students will have the opportunity to talk to admission counselors from Charlotte about college and what to look for when applying for school
- Student will participate in a case competition
- This year the program will be virtual (usually a residency program on a college campus)
- Dates- June 14-16
- For rising sophomore, junior and senior students
- Scholarships will be given out to select students
- Application- https://www.startheregoplaces.com/students/becoming-a-cpa/scholarship/accounting-career-awareness-program-naba-charlotte/
o Deadline is April 10th at 8pm. Flyer
AMPD- Accounting, Mentorship and Professional Development Program
- College academic program offered by Winthrop University (WU)
- Competitive program developed with an accounting firm to increase the number of minorities in the accounting field
- Students get professional development from fortune 500 companies, special housing, scholarships, accounting mentor, consideration for internships, externships and full-time positions
- To participate students must identify as an underrepresented minority, have a 3.0 GPA, specific MATH SAT or ACT scores, come to WU for school, participate in extra-curricular activities and study accounting
- Website- https://www.winthrop.edu/cba/accounting/ampd/
- Apply- https://www.winthrop.edu/cba/accounting/ampd/apply.aspx
No specific deadline
The George Washngton University
The Journey to College webpage that contains all of our programs aimed at 9th, 10th, and 11th graders. These sessions are meant to help students prepare for the college exploration and application process no matter where they intend to apply!
- Navigating Your High School Curriculum: How to pick rigorous courses that work for you
- Decoding Financial Aid: A broad look at how to pay for college
- Admissions Counselor for a Day: College admissions case study
- College Admissions Kahoot!
Students can use the registration links on the Journey to College site