Have career related questions?
See your School Counselor
Mrs. Melissa McCants-Career Specialist
Check back often for future announcements
New fellowship program (Paid Internship) seeking bilingual student applicants from our current seniors.
TRI-COUNTY OPPORTUNITIES UPDATES – SEATS ARE VERY LIMITED. REGISTER TODAY!!
FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2021 - SC DAYS ADVANCED MANUFACTURING VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE 9a – 2p
Local manufacturers will host an interactive virtual open house event for students, parents and educators. Join us to complete challenges, share your ideas, and experience ADVANCED manufacturing. How ADVANCED, you ask? Note this video link for a quick example!! Click ADVANCED! Students will also be eligible to receive a digital badge. REGISTER AT THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://zoom.us/
Tallo’s $10,000 Scholarship
Tallo has a NEW needs-based scholarship opportunity for a high school senior who is planning to pursue higher education in Fall 2021. Find additional details about the scholarship and apply here,
Landing Page Link: https://tallo.com/10k-scholarship/
2021 Virtual Student Summit
The Summit is hosted by the Clemson University’s Office of College Preparation and Outreach and co-sponsored by Boeing. The event is scheduled for Saturday, April 17th from 10am- 3pm through Zoom.
This summit is designed to educate, inspire, and empower underrepresented middle and high school students but is open to any 7th-12th grade student who registers.
WIN Ready to Work
3rd year high school students will take this assessment and earn a a Ready 2 Work credential, as well as an Essesntial Soft Skills credential.
Learn more https://www.winlearning.com/aboutwin
Boeing Opportunities at the National Society of Black Engineers' 47th Annual Convention
Internship opportunities for students
NSBE Career Fair: April 8th and 9th
Boeing Intern & Entry Level Virtual Prescreen Event: April 12th
Boeing Intern & Entry Level Interview dates: April 15th & 16th.
NSBE landing page: https://jobs.boeing.com/Event-NSBE
Register to attend our Virtual Prescreen Event
South Carolina Aquarium Teen Science Cafe'
Speaker: Vance Solseth - wildlife photographer
THURSDAY, MARCH 30
at 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
FREE VIRTUAL EVENT
Register online scaquarium.org/teensciencecafeUGA Summer (Virtual) Academy CampsThere are offerings in STEM, Arts, Career Prep, and Specialized areas.
Clemson University Spring 2021 Open House
Health Professions Advising will be hosting informational sessions for prospective Clemson students interested in careers in Healthcare.
Sign up for one of their Spring 2021 Virtual Health Professions Advising Open House Sessions. Check the link for the next event date.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE! https://clemson.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ba9M50uMRAsysd0
Clemson Career WorkshopWinthrop University
WU has 2 accounting/ business programs that are being offered to high school minority students.
ACAP- Accounting Career Awareness Program
- Trademark program held every year by the National Association of Black Accountants
- Students will learn from business professionals about professional development, accounting, finance and financial literacy
- Students will have the opportunity to talk to admission counselors from Charlotte about college and what to look for when applying for school
- Student will participate in a case competition
- This year the program will be virtual (usually a residency program on a college campus)
- Dates- June 14-16
- For rising sophomore, junior and senior students
- Scholarships will be given out to select students
- Application- https://www.startheregoplaces.com/students/becoming-a-cpa/scholarship/accounting-career-awareness-program-naba-charlotte/
o Deadline is April 10th at 8pm. Flyer
AMPD- Accounting, Mentorship and Professional Development Program
- College academic program offered by Winthrop University (WU)
- Competitive program developed with an accounting firm to increase the number of minorities in the accounting field
- Students get professional development from fortune 500 companies, special housing, scholarships, accounting mentor, consideration for internships, externships and full-time positions
- To participate students must identify as an underrepresented minority, have a 3.0 GPA, specific MATH SAT or ACT scores, come to WU for school, participate in extra-curricular activities and study accounting
- Website- https://www.winthrop.edu/cba/accounting/ampd/
- Apply- https://www.winthrop.edu/cba/accounting/ampd/apply.aspx
No specific deadlinePharmacy PharmDamental Program
The MUSC College of Pharmacy PharmDamental Program is specifically designed to engage high school students interested in STEM or healthcare careers. The program will provide a fundamental understanding of the pharmacy profession and introduce students to the many career options available.
MUSC PharmDamental participants will interact with pharmacists representing a wide range of career opportunities, engage with MUSC College of Pharmacy Student Ambassadors, and meet the dean of the MUSC College of Pharmacy.
Upon completion of the MUSC College of Pharmacy PharmDamentals program, students will have a more comprehensive understanding of the profession of pharmacy and have fundamental tools to foster their desire to pursue a healthcare career, specifically the profession of pharmacy.
The 2021 MUSC College of Pharmacy PharmDamentals program will take place virtually on Friday, July 30.
Register here: https://redcap.musc.
Article on best practices for students interviewing for jobs via video conferences:
Roper St. Francis Healthcare
Roper St. Francis has various programs for students to learn about the Health field.
SCRUBS "U" Career Sessions
SCRUBS “U” features quarterly evening sessions concentrating on specific areas of health careers. Each program offers an exciting glimpse into a medical field.
Scrubs Health Summer Careers Camp - activity-filled week offering students who have an interest in health careers an opportunity to explore nursing & medical careers. Check the wesbite for the dates.
SCRUBS Mentoring Program - allows students on medical career tracks the opportunity to work along with staff at the bedside in a mentored role. The program is designed for pre-nursing, MD and PA career track students.
Check out their website for more information on these programs.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
MicroCareerBursts - www.microcareerburst.com - Virtual job shadowing in various career fields.
Username: SC2020 Password: gr8tcareers
Discus - Career Preparation resources