UNIFORMS: Mary Ford Elementary seeks to maintain an orderly environment for education. To assist us in accomplishing this goal, we will continue to keep our uniform policy in effect. All students must wear uniforms unless they have a uniform waiver. Waivers may be obtained in the front office. School uniforms consist of the following:
Boys – Khaki or navy blue long pants, knee-length shorts; solid colored shirts with a collar and three buttons (polo style); and solid-colored navy, sweaters or sweatshirts
Girls – Khaki or navy blue jumpers, knee-length or longer skirts, knee-length shorts, or long pants; any color shirts with a collar, three buttons, and no logo; solid color sweaters and sweatshirts
All students may wear Mary Ford T-Shirts, tennis shoes and knee-length or long khaki or navy blue pants on days that they have PE.
All students are required to conform to the following general regulations regarding dress:
- Students may wear any Mary Ford spirit shirt.
- Sunglasses will not be permitted in the class unless medically prescribed.
- Pants legs may not be rolled up.
- Belts are to be worn at all times with the exception of students who may need to wear elastic waste pants or shorts.
- Shoes must have an enclosed heel or heel strap. Tennis shoes or sturdy closed-toed shoes are preferred. No heels or flip-flops are to be worn. This is for your child’s safety.
- Symbols, slogans or designs that tend to disrupt will not be permitted.
- Stubbed bracelets or any other objects that are considered dangerous are not permitted.
- No tight or revealing clothing. No bare midriffs or crop tops.
- No tank tops, halter tops, strapless dresses or tops, or sleeveless tops.
- Coats are not to be worn in the classroom. Students may wear a solid colored sweater or sweatshirt.
- No hats, headbands or head coverings are to be worn in the building.