Due to the pandemic Allegro has temporarily waived our uniform policy for this school year. Though students will not be required to wear the uniform, they will be required to follow our "dress down", dress code policy which is outlined in our Parent Handbook and Student Code of Conduct and also listed below.Students are required to wear masks at all times within the school building.Acceptable Clothing:● Pants shall be worn at waist level and be without rips, tears, and holes.● Undergarments shall not be exposed at any time.● Clothing shall not reveal bare skin between upper chest and mid thigh.● Shorts, skirts, and dresses shall extend past the student’s fingertips when the student’s arms are extendedby his/her legs. Outer garments that are worn over leggings must follow this same rule.● No hats, hoods, or large headpieces are allowed. A minimal headband of one inch in width to control hair is allowed. Items approved by administration for religious or health reasons are allowed. No hoodies are permitted.● Closed-toed shoes shall be worn at all times.Prohibited clothing:○ Leggings, yoga pants, or skin tight pants unless worn under an acceptable garment.○ No pants, shorts, skirts, or dresses with holes, rips, or tears.○ Clothing or other attire with words or images depicting or relating to tobacco, drugs, or alcohol.○ Clothing or other attire displaying inflammatory, suggestive, racial, or other symbols of hate, or offensive content.○ Clothing, jewelry, accessories, and/or manner of grooming which indicates or implies gang membership or affiliation.○ Loungewear, pajamas, and bedroom slippers○ Shirts, tops, or dresses that are backless, strapless, halter-style, cut-out, bare-shouldered, or spaghetti straps.○ Extreme clothing or other attire that would interfere with the learning process, cause a disruption of the educational environment, or be a health or safety hazard.○ Flip-flops, sandals, or high heels.○ Sunglasses, headbands, bandanas, picks, or combs.Students who are not dressed in accordance with the dress code will be given a chance to call home for a change of clothes for the first violation. If the school has spare clothes, students will be allowed to wear those. Repeated dress code violations will result in the student being sent home, and entering the disciplinary process.
Allegro Charter School of Music
Dress Code/Uniform Policy
Beginning the 2019-2020 school year Allegro Charter School of Music will be following a new dress code/uniform policy. Below are the details on the new dress code and uniform rules.
- Tops: Any solid GREEN polo shirt. The shirt can be any shade of green, but cannot contain designs, patterns, or stripes, it must be solid. You may also purchase and wear Allegro branded apparel from the PTO or school store. Previously purchased Allegro branded apparel is allowed, excluding hooded sweatshirts.
- Bottoms: Long Khaki pants only. No shorts, leggings or tan colored jeans allowed.
- Shoes: Closed toed shoes only that cover your heel. No sandals, flip-flops, slippers, or other open-toed footwear.
- Outerwear: Black, unzipped jackets with no hood. Students are welcome to wear long-sleeve items under their uniform top. No hoods or hoodies at any time.
- Head wear: No head coverings other than those for religious or medical purposes. This includes any hair accessories that are greater than 1 inch wide or that stand above the hair (i.e. headbands with items extending from them).
- No headphones
If meeting these dress code and uniform policies causes a financial hardship, please email Mr. Neikirk and Allegro will be happy to assist.
Students who arrive at school out of dress code will be required to stay in the main office until a parent or guardian picks the student up or brings in the appropriate uniform.