2020-2021 Enrollment Information
2020-2021 Prospective Student Tour Schedule
Tours will only be held on the dates and times below. No other tours will be offered throughout the school year. Each tour will last roughly one hour and will start promptly at the time listed. Our tours are a great way to see the school and learn more about us!
January 16, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
January 17, 2020 @ 2:00 PM
January 22, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
Februray 6, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
February 27, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
March 19, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
March 27, 2020 @ 12:30 PM
April 16, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
How to Apply
Allegro will be following the CCSD School Choice Application process for the 2020-2021 school year. Please see the information below on dates, deadlines, and FAQs. Allegro is a lottery based school and does honor sibling preference. It is important to note that Allegro will be moving locations during the 2020-2021 school year from our current location at 120 Broad Street to 1912 Success Street, North Charleston, SC 29405.
The School Choice/Magnet application process for the Charleston Couty School District will be open on January 28, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. and will close on February 28, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. for paper application drop-off at designated sites and 6:00 p.m. for online application submissions.
Paper applications will be available from January 28 to be printed from the district website or available for pickup at any one of seven designated CCSD application receiving sites or through your school's guidance counselor.
School Choice in Charleston County
Each school-aged child in Charleston County is assigned to a neighborhood school based on grade level and home address. In addition, CCSD offers specialized programs, magnets, and charter schools.
Learn more about the types of choice options within CCSD by exploring this link where you will find information about each school, including a link to the individual school website.
- Countywide magnet
- Constituent magnet
- Montessori/Parital Magnet programs
- Charter schools
Application Access (Online & Paper)
The School Choice/Magnet application process for the Charleston County District will be open on January 28, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. and close on February 28, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. for paper application drop-off at designates sites and 6:00 p.m. for online application submission.
- COMING SOON! Choice Application Parent/Guardian Reference Guide School Choice 2020-2021
- COMING SOON! Online Application
- COMING SOON! Paper Application (for printing and submitting at one of the seven designated sites as indicated below)
Paper Application Designated Pickup/Drop-off Sites
COMING SOON! Designated sites pickup and drop-off dates and times
- Baptist Hill Middle High School
- Camp Road Middle School
- C.E. Williams Middle School
- Laing Middle School
- Military Magnet Academy
- St. John's High School
- CCSD District Office - 75 Calhoun Receptionist Desk
The CCSD School Choice online applications will open on January 28, 2020, at 12:00 p.m (NOON). Paper applications will also be available for printing and available at selected schools by 12:00 p.m. The School Choice online application submission deadline is February 28, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. Paper applications must be received at one of the designated receiving schools or the CCSD District reception desk on February 28, 2020, at 4:00 p.m.
The timeline below provides the dates, deadlines, and events related to the application process for the 2020-2021 school year.
- January 28, 2020 - Online and paper application window opens at 12 p.m. (NOON)
- February 1, 2020 - Choice Fair: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at 4 locations:
1. C.E. Williams Middle School, 640 Butte Street, Charleston SC
2. Laing Middle School, 2705 Bulrush Basket Lane, Mt. Pleasant SC
3. Military Magnet Academy, 2950 Carner Avenue, North Charleston SC
4. St. John's High School, 1518 Main Road, Johns Island SC
- February 28, 2020 - Online and paper application window closes (4 p.m. for paper application drop-offs; 6:00 p.m. for online application submissions)
- April 3, 2020 - Families notified of acceptance
- April 23, 2020 - Offered seat must be accepted or declined
School Choice Fairs
The annual CCSD School Choice Fair(s) will be held simultaneously at four school sites (C.E. Williams Middle, Laing Middle, Military Magnet Academy, and St. John's High) on February 1, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Families will be able to visit with school representatives from all neighborhood schools serving their zone, including the constituent and countywide magnet schools and programs. Spanish language translation will be available at these events.
Application Assistance Events
Families requiring assistance to complete the online application may attend one of six application events to be scheduled before February 28, 2020. Spanish language translation will be available at these events. The schedule for these events will be posted soon. Application assistance event locations include:
- C.E. Williams Middle School (date TBD)
- Laing Middle School (date TBD)
- Military Magnet Academy (two dates TBD)
- St. John's High School (two dates TBD)
For general questions about School Choice, call 843-937-6582.