Upper Elementary Assistant Teacher
ECMCS has an immediate opening for a full-time assistant upper elementary teacher (grades 4-6). The ideal candidate is a great communicator with both children and adults, organized, and willing to go the extra mile for the efforts of the school's mission.
College degree required and experience teaching children preferred.
Hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30-4: 00 pm.
* Supports instructional efforts of the lead teacher
* Reinforces concepts by helping students, individually and in groups, with lesson assignments.
* Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in Montessori educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
* Enhances the school's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Competitive compensation and benefits package based on the CCSD scale.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Established in 2003, East Cooper Montessori Charter School is a premier public Montessori school in both Charleston County, as well as South Carolina. ECMCS serves 420 students age 3 - 8th grade and takes great pride in growing Montessori student and teacher leaders.
We enjoy a facility of almost 20,000 square feet complete with a STEM lab, Performing Arts Room, Stage, Art Studio, Kiln, Basketball Courts, Baseball Diamond, and two Technology Labs. Our students enjoy the close relationships that come with attending a small school while receiving an excellent education from a caring, competent and highly qualified faculty team.
Join the ECMCS Team
Enjoy the beaches and vibrant culture of Charleston, South Carolina. SC has the largest public Montessori population in the country. Comparable salary. Excellent benefits. Excellent professional development. Supportive and amazing faculty. Montessori-specific STEM program.
Montessori training will be provided if needed.