About the High School Learning Community
The Secondary Learning Community (SLC) in Charleston County School District believes in the connection between a positive and supportive CULTURE/CLIMATE, COLLABORATION across schools and districts, and rigorous, data-analyzed CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION to ensure students are ready for whatever they chose to do upon graduation, whether that is going directly to full-time work, into the Armed Services, to college, or any combination of these.
In order to demonstrate readiness, our students must meet at least ONE of these important indicators:
1. Earning Silver or above on WIN
2. Earning a 20 or above on ACT
3. Earning 1020 or above on SAT
4. Being a CTE Completer, earning a nationally-approved score on approved CTE coursework
5. Finishing a state-approved Work-Based Internship, with the required number of hours and placement
6. Earning a "C" (70) or higher score on all required End of Course tests
7. Scoring a 3 or higher on an English, Math, Science, or Social Studies Advanced Placement test
8. Scoring a "C" (70) or higher in two Dual Credit courses (6 hours) in either English or math.
9. Earning a score of 31 or above on ASVAB