Division of Strategy and Communications
Chief of Staff
75 Calhoun Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Erica S. Taylor, a Charleston, S.C. native is the Chief of Staff at Charleston County School District.
Taylor holds a Master of Science degree in broadcast journalism from Florida A&M University, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in professional English from South Carolina State University. She also has a certificate in fundraising from the Center of Philanthropy at Indiana University. Currently, she is pursuing a Doctor in Education from Charleston Southern University.
She is a member of the Public Relations Society of America, International Business Communicators of America, a Paul Harris Fellow in the Rotary Club of Charleston, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., The Charleston Chapter of the Links Incorporated, and First Baptist Church on James Island. She also serves on the Charleston Leadership Foundation Board, Charleston Urban League Board, and the Moja Arts Festival Community Advisory Committee.
She is a graduate of Leadership Orangeburg (2006), Leadership South Carolina (2009), and The Riley Institute at Furman’s South Carolina Diversity Leaders Initiative (2013). Taylor was selected to participate in the 2017 SC Education Policy Fellowship Program, established for leaders in education and related field. Most recently, she was awarded the 2019 Community Service Award for ‘Excellence in Education, by the Gamma Xi Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.; as well as is the 2019 Education Nominee for the #whatwomenbring event, sponsored by the YWCA.
- Dependability – We will get things done on time and meet expectations.
- Structure and Clarity – We will establish clear goals and have well-defined roles within our group.
- Meaning – This work has personal significance to each of us.
- Impact – Our work is purposeful and positively impacts the greater good.
- Psychological Safety – Everyone is safe to take risks, voice opinions, ask judgment-free questions.
CCSD Social Media Platforms