These are the guidelines from CCSD that can be found in the parent/student handbook for 2019/2020.
Student Dress Code
Students are responsible for dressing in an appropriate manner at all times while on a school campus or while involved in a school or district sponsored event/activity. Wearing appropriate attire promotes a positive influence on the school climate. In addition to clothing, and shoes, student attire includes any jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign, comment, or other items worn or displayed by an individual.
Guidelines for Attire
• Clothing is to be worn appropriately and in the manner for which it was designed.
• Pants shall be worn at waist level.
• Undergarments shall not be exposed at any time.
• Clothing shall not reveal bare skin between upper chest and mid thigh.
• Shorts, skirts, and dresses shall be of adequate length to assure modesty.
• Hats shall not be worn in school (unless approved for health or religious reasons).
• Shoes shall be worn at all times. Prohibited Attire
• Clothing or other attire with words or images depicting or relating to tobacco, drugs, or alcohol
• Clothing or other attire displaying inflammatory, suggestive, racial, or other inappropriate writing, advertisement, or artwork
• Clothing or other attire displaying profanity, obscenity, violence, weapons, symbols of hate, or offensive content
• Clothing, jewelry, accessories, and/or manner of grooming which indicates or implies gang membership or affiliation
• Clothing or attire that is body contouring such as, but not limited to, leggings, jeggings, tights, or yoga pants worn without shirt or top that reaches finger tip length
• Loungewear, pajamas, and bedroom slippers
• Shirts, tops, or dresses that are backless, strapless, halter-style, cut-out, bare-shouldered, or spaghetti straps
• Extreme clothing or other attire that would interfere with the learning process, cause a disruption of the educational environment, or be a health or safety hazard Students found to be in violation of the dress code will be subject to corrective action.