Back to School Festivals and Supply Drives
The city of Charleston will host the annual Back to School First Day Festival on Sunday, August 7, 2022, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Charleston Gaillard Center and South Carolina Aquarium. Sponsored by the city of Charleston since 2003, First Day Festival is a celebration of the start of the new school year.The purpose of the event is to provide children and families with the supplies and information they need to start the school year off right.At the event, children receive free school supplies, families are given free, fresh foods courtesy of the Lowcountry Food Bank and provided information from close to 100 community organizations. Those that attend also enjoy free admission to the South Carolina Aquarium during the hours of the festival.
The 5th Annual Community Supply Drive
HOC Program Details:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Applicable COVID protocols will be practiced.
- As such, we will limit each family to a maximum of five children. We serve grades K-4 through 8th grade.
- Each child will receive one set of clothing plus a bag of grade-specific school supplies.
- The child must be present to be served.
- A child will only be served once per year in order that we might help as many children as possible.