Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented fosters in each student a desire for excellence, compassion for others, and a sense of individual responsibility to self, the school, the community and a changing society.
How We Directly Support Schools
- Challenge and stimulate the Academically Gifted and Talented student.
- Assist in delivering a teaching approach that enriches and accelerates the learning of core content according to the state’s curriculum standards.
- Provide on-going professional development in gifted and talented curriculum and teaching strategies.
- Provide support (mentoring, PD) for teachers, administrators, parents, and the communities of CCSD.
Our Core Services
- Identifying and placing all CCSD academically Gifted and Talented students in grades 3-12 according to the mandated specifications of the Education Improvement Act of South Carolina (Regulation 43-220).
- Providing each Gifted and Talented child opportunities for intellectual stimulation through group interaction with others of similar academic abilities and a curriculum of experiences and activities outside the limits of the regular classroom.
- Empowering each gifted child to recognize and fully utilize his or her specific unique talents and to strive for excellence while contributing to self and others.
Gifted and Talented Office
St. Andrews Campus
721 Wappoo Road
Charleston, SC 29407
Call us at (843) 402-7836. Office Fax: (843) 402-7835
Elizabeth Uptegrove, Gifted and Talented Coordinator
Karen Reed, Gifted and Talented Lead Teacher
Jennifer McDuffie, Gifted and Talented Lead Teacher
Flashette Johnson, Gifted and Talented Secondary Lead Teacher