(Click calendar to view the JICHS Year Academic Calendar)
CCSD and JICHS continue to adjust our operations and practices based on the crises facing our country and our community. The global pandemic coupled with the racial injustices has deeply affected our students, staff, and families. As we reopen the school for the 2020-2021 school year, it is crucial that we redefine our beliefs and expectations for student participation in learning activities and reaffirm our expectations for interactions with staff, students, and activities/behavior that impact the school community. Examples include but are not limited to social media, applications, and virtual platforms (Zoom, CANVAS, WebEX, and Google Suite).
Based on the COVID-19 pandemic, CCSD is offering a variety of instructional experiences for students and families. These opportunities include the following:
- Brick-and-Mortar Education (In-Person Instruction)
- Distance Education: Hybrid (both in-person instruction and at-home instruction) or CCSD Virtual Academy
Whichever instructional experience your family has selected, our safety and behavior expectations remain the same. We want to operate to ensure we protect each other, e.g., I wear a mask to protect you, and you wear a mask to protect me. Some of our enhanced safety expectations for students include: social distancing, handwashing, and wearing masks. All students should adhere to the safety guidelines provided. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary actions. CCSD safety expectations for students:
- Masks must be worn in the classroom and common areas: hallways, exiting vehicles / bus, playground, cafeteria, etc.
- Physical / Social distancing (recommended at least 6 feet apart). Students who do not follow social distance requirements may not be able to continue with face-to-face instruction.
- Handwashing / sanitizing will be expected upon entry to school, before meals, and throughout the day.
Safety First - Visiting School Campuses
- Signage is posted on all campuses, reminding visitors of safety procedures. Please follow all posted instructions.
- Everyone entering JICHS will have their temperature taken via a thermal tablet and will be required to wear a face mask for the entire time on campus.
- Face shields do not suffice as face coverings, as suggested by the CDC.
- All visitors must sanitize hands upon entering buildings at designated stations.
- Visitors will be limited, in most instances, to the front entrance/office area.
- Parents will not be permitted to walk around the building.
Meetings on Campus
- In order to maintain social distancing, it is important to limit the number of visitors in buildings at any given time. When planning to visit the school, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Contact the school to make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you need to visit the school on the same day, please call an hour in advance.
- If you have an emergency, please call while en route to the school.
- Please refrain from visiting JICHS if you are sick or if you have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
COVID SAFETY PROCEDURES for STUDENTS
-If a student presents COVID-like symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and contact the attendance office.
-Students must wear a mask at all times while on campus (except while actually eating lunch and during teacher-directed mask breaks outside) Failure to follow the CCSD mask policy will result in disciplinary action.
-Upon arrival, students will have their temperatures taken on our new thermal tablets (Green = Success)
-Students should wash their hands frequently and use hand sanitizer that can be found in every classroom and large common areas
-Within classrooms, students should not sit at desks with blue tape to ensure proper social distancing.
-Students must maintain proper social distance at all times while on campus
-When walking in the hallways, students should walk in socially distant single-file lines and keep to the right (follow the orange and blue arrows in the hallways)
Be mindful and follow the 3 W’s (Wear your Mask, Wash your Hands and Watch your Distance)