• Workers’ Compensation

    The district is self-insured for workers’ compensation insurance coverage. Our third party administrator is PMA Companies. Any injury, no matter how slight, must be reported to your supervisor. If you should experience an injury, please do the following:

    1. Notify your supervisor, manager, or school nurse immediately.
    2. In the event of life or limb-threatening emergencies, contact 9-1-1 or seek immediate medical attention at the nearest emergency facility.
    3. If you need to see a doctor, you or the injured worker's supervisor must call PMA at 1-855-370-1800 to report the injury and complete the Point of Injury Report with a Nurse Case Manager. 
    4. PMA will refer the injured worker to an authorized Medical Facility.
    5.  After visiting the doctor, please give copies of all paperwork that the doctor gives you to your supervisor who will send the copies to the Safety & Risk Services Department.  This is especially important for orders to remain out of work.  The District tries to accommodate all light-duty requests.
    6. Keep in contact with your supervisor and the District Office representative on a regular basis.

    Should you have any questions regarding Workers Compensation, please contact the Risk & Safety Services Department at 843-937-6574.