Frequently Asked Questions Regarding COVID-19 School Closure
Charleston County Schools remain closed due to Governor Henry McMaster’s Executive Order through at least April 30, 2020. Additional updates will be shared once further information is provided by the governor’s office.
The following schools have been equipped with extended outdoor wireless service 24 hours a day and seven days a week:
- E.B. Ellington Elementary School
- Minnie Hughes Elementary School
- Midland Park Elementary School
- Academic Magnet High School/Charleston County School of the Arts (same campus)
- Burke High School
- Edmund A. Burns Elementary School
- Jane Edwards Elementary School
- Matilda F. Dunston Elementary School
- Mount Pleasant Academy
- St. James-Santee Elementary-Middle School
- St. John’s High School
- Springfield Elementary School
- Stono Park Elementary School
- Wando High School
- Wando Center for Advanced Studies
In addition to the extended WiFi coverage at the schools above, buses equipped with WiFi service will be stationed at the following locations from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. every day of the week, unless otherwise noted:
- Greater Howard Chapel, 8592 Old Georgetown Rd, McClellanville
- Food Lion, 1291 Folly Road, Charleston
- Charleston KOA Holiday, 9496 Highway 78, Ladson
- Collins Park Community Center, 4155 Fellowship Road, North Charleston
- Felix C. Davis Community Center, 4800 Park Circle, North Charleston
- Northwoods Community Park, 8348 Greenridge Road, North Charleston
- Northwoods Middle School
- ACE Hardware Start, 3714 Betsy Kerrison Parkway, Johns Island
- Simmons Park, located at North Hanover Street and Conroy Street, Charleston
- Baptist Hill Middle High School
Buses equipped with WiFi service will be positioned at the following locations every day of the week from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
- A.C. Corcoran Elementary School (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Ashley River Creative Arts Elementary School (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Bridgeview Apartments, 108 North Romney Street, Charleston (Downtown)
- Buist Academy (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Chicora Elementary School (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Gadsden Green, corner of Flood and Line Street, Charleston (Downtown)
- James Island Carter High school
- James Island Elementary School
- Jerry Zucker Middle School (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Laing Middle School
Student Meals: Click here for information about free grab-and-go meals for students and distribution sites during the school closures.
Student Assignments/Grades: Questions concerning individual student assignments/grades should be directed to the student’s teacher. Questions concerning an individual school should be directed to the school’s principal.
Technology Support: If students experience a technical problem our IT Help Desk is available to assist. A technician will be available between the hours of 8 AM - 4:00 PM. The telephone number is 843-849-3400. Click here for more resources.
Student Registration: Click here to access the CCSD Registration page for information about the registration process and requirements, including residency documents.
Special Education: Click here to access information about the Department of Exceptional Children and all available services.
Student Transfer Requests: The application window for submitting student transfer applications for the 2020 -2021 school year has closed. (March 1st - 31st). It will reopen June 15th - July 15th. Click here for additional information.
Individual school staff directories are located on each school’s website. A complete listing of all schools’ websites is located here.