Junior Planning Checklist
- Stay in great academic standing
- You must earn 18 total credits to be promoted to 12th grade; one unit in English 1, one unit in English 2, one unit of English 3, three units in mathematics, two units in science
- Talk to your counselor about:
- Post-secondary plans
- Dual Enrollment progress
- Career Aspirations
- Completing the Commission on Higher Education Admission Requirements (CHE)
- Continue your college search and review specific college admission requirements
- Seek out summer internships/Work Based Learning experiences.
- Continue searching for financial aid resources.
- Balance your school work with activities that help you explore your interests.
- Practice time management, learn new skills and contribute to your community
- Register for and take ACT and/or SAT
- Take college tours
- Develop a resume
- Meet with your TTC Advisor
- Talk to your child about his or her interest and help match those interests with a career and/or college major.
- Go on college tours with your child.
- Monitor your child’s grades and arrange tutoring if necessary.
- Attend Parent Information Sessions
- Attend your child’s annual Individual Graduation Plan conference
- Communicate with teachers regularly
- Plan ahead to see how much federal student aid your child might receive/FAFSA4caster @ https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/estimate
- Get tips on helping your child with homework and issues of early teen years at https://www2.ed.gov/parents/landing.jhtml