Sophomore Planning Checklist
- Keep up your grades and continue good study habits
- You must earn 12 total credits to be promoted to 11th grade; one unit in English 1, one unit in English 2, two units in mathematics, one unit in science
- Talk to your counselor about:
- Post-secondary plans
- Dual Enrollment progress
- Career Aspirations
- Completing the Commission on Higher Education Admission Requirements (CHE)
- Review general college admission requirements
- Participate in Job Shadowing Opportunities
- Continue to think about and talk to your parents about a college financing plan
- Balance your school work with activities that help you explore your interests.
- Practice time management, learn new skills and contribute to your community
- Continue your search for scholarships
- Be present on PreACT and PreSAT testing days
- Talk to your child about his or her interest and help match those interests with a career and/or college major.
- Monitor your child’s grades and arrange tutoring if necessary.
- Attend Parent Information Sessions
- Attend your child’s annual Individual Graduation Plan conference
- Communicate with teachers regularly
- Plan ahead to see how much federal student aid your child might receive/FAFSA4caster @ https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/estimate
- Get tips on helping your child with homework and issues of early teen years at https://www2.ed.gov/parents/landing.jhtml