Students can use Naviance to identify their strengths and explore which careers match up to those strengths. Complete the activities below to match careers to your strengths!
Logging into Naviance Family Connection:
- Go to http://connection.naviance.com/rbstallhs
- Your Username is the first 3 letters of your last name, followed by the first three letters of your first name, followed by the last 4 digits of your student ID number (smitom3211)
- Your password is your student ID number
- Click the Log In button
Complete Career Cluster Finder. The Career Cluster Finder is a simple assessment that helps a student discover which career clusters may be a good match based on activities that interest him or her, personal qualities the student has and subjects the student enjoys in school. (Careers -> Cluster Finder) Save at least two Career Clusters (or career pathways) to your Favorite list.
Complete the Strengths Explorer. The Strengths Explorer is all about you. It will help you learn about who you are and will help you make the most of who you are. We each have great talents and the more we know about them, the more we can understand what makes you special and how we can use our talents to do things really well. The Strengths Explorer will help you identify three of your top themes of talents. NOTE: You may take the Strengths Explorer assessment ONE TIME ONLY. The assessment takes 10-15 to complete. It's well worth the effort!
Complete the Career Interest Profiler. Are you curious or uncertain as to how your interest and skills will guide you to your dream career? Or are you struggling with trying to determine which career options are a good “fit” for you? Well today we are going to
answer a set of questions designed to help you match your interest and skills with similar careers. After completing the assessment you will have a better understanding of your potential career options. Add at least 3 careers to Favorite list.
Add Colleges to ‘Colleges I’m Thinking About’ list. Review important details about colleges of interest (admissions requirements, majors, school culture, etc.)
- Find possible post secondary options for those careers of interest and become aware of the costs of post secondary institutions
- Start creating strategies to finance these costs through loans, grants, scholarships, work-study, and other means
- Review important details about colleges of interest (admissions requirements, majors, school culture, etc.)