Students are urged to carefully consider course selections during their annual IGP (individual Graduation Plan) Conferences. Course requests should be made based on career goals, interests, and post-secondary plans.
Drop/Add requests are generally honored only for the following reasons:
- When credit is needed for graduation and it is not available at any other time
- When it is determined that credit has been previously earned
- When a student has not passed the prerequisite for the next course
- When a student has previously failed with a teacher and space is available in another section
- When the administration determines a level change is necessary.
Course Withdrawal Penalties
Course withdrawals for reasons other than the above are subject to penalties as follows:
With the first day of the course as the baseline, students who withdraw from a course after three days in a 45-day course, five days in a 90-day course, or ten days in a 180-day course shall be assigned a WF, and the WF (as a 61) will be calculated in the student’s overall grade point average. The three, five, and ten-day limitations for withdrawing from a course without penalty may not always apply to course or course-level changes approved by the administration of the school.