Established in 2003, East Cooper Montessori Charter School is a premier public Montessori school in both Charleston County, as well as South Carolina. ECMCS serves 400 students age 3 - 8th grade and takes great pride in growing Montessori student and teacher leaders.
We enjoy a facility of almost 20,000 square feet complete with a Grand Hall, STEM lab, Performing Arts Room, Stage, Art Studio, Kiln, Basketball Courts, Baseball Diamond, and two Technology Labs. Our students enjoy the close relationships that come with attending a small school while receiving an excellent education from a caring, competent and highly qualified faculty team.
Join the ECMCS Team
Enjoy the beaches and vibrant culture of Charleston, South Carolina. SC has the largest public Montessori population in the country. Comparable salary. Excellent benefits. Excellent professional development. Supportive and amazing faculty. Montessori-specific STEM program.
Montessori training will be provided if needed.
The following openings are available:
We are seeking a full-time Spanish instructor to work with students in grades 4th-8th. Special area teachers bring with them an in-depth knowledge of their craft as well as an excitement for helping students reach their potential. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator with both children and adults, organized and willing to go the extra mile for the efforts of the school's mission.
* Lesson planning, instruction, and assessment.
* Plans exciting and engaging instructional experiences that support the National standards and Montessori curriculum.
* Seeks to incorporate the Montessori philosophy in planning.
* Presents and reinforces concepts by helping students, individually and in groups, with lesson assignments.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in Montessori educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
* Enhances the school's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To apply for available positions at our school, send your resume to email@example.com – no phone calls, please.