PINCKNEY’S DRESS CODE
- Close-toed shoes are required. Also, backless shoes and those with greater than a ½ inch heel are not permitted.
- Athletic shoes should be worn on PE days.
- Shorts and skirts must be as long as pinkie fingertip when hands are beside the student’s legs.
- When leggings are worn, the accompanying top must be as long as the pinkie fingertip when hands are beside the student’s legs.
- Shirts must have, at a minimum; cap sleeves (no halter tops, spaghetti straps, or tank tops).
- Shirts may not show the midriff, back, or lower chest.
- Hats, bandanas, or headgear are not allowed.
- Hoods of hoodies should not be worn indoors.
- No heavy jackets may be worn indoors.
- Clothing must fit properly-- not oversized or too tight, and pants must fit at the waist
- Clothing must be free of holes and tears. No mesh or sheer clothing allowed.
- Clothing and accessories may not display profanity, suggestive phrases, weapons, or offensive/inflammatory graphics or statements.
- Any attire, make-up, accessory, or piercings that are determined to be unsafe or a distraction in the learning environment are not allowed.
Consequences for Dress Code Violations:
1. Gentle written reminder from teacher/staff member
2. Formal letter home to parent
3. Principal will contact the parent