The application window for submitting student transfer applications for the 2020 -2021 school year has closed. (March 1st - 31st)
It will reopen June 15th - July 15th.
Student Transfers for the 2020-2021 School Year
Transfer requests submitted prior to March 31, 2020, will be reviewed by CCSD Constituent Boards during the months of April and May. After all, applications are reviewed, a lottery for each school will be conducted. It is projected that lotteries will be conducted prior to June 5, 2020, for all transfer schools. Notification of status for each application will occur within one week of lotteries being conducted. Each lottery will place students on an Accepted List or on a Waiting List.
All communication regarding the status of your child’s application will be through emails using the address identified in Smart Choice.
The student transfer application website will reopen on June 15-July 15 for parents to request student transfers.
Please click here for Transfer Seat Availability.
- Read the 2020-2021 Student Transfer Process document which includes important information.
- Please click here to access the CCSD Smart Choice online application and instructions for applying for student transfer.
School Lookup Tool
- GIS-Based Neighborhood, Magnet & Charter School Look-Up Tool: Enter your home address or use maps to determine your assigned neighborhood school and the other educational options available to your family.
- User Guide for Look-Up Tool (The GIS-Based Look-Up Tool requires the use of an Internet Explorer browser.)
CCSD Policies Pertaining to Student Transfers
The Charleston County School District and its Board of Trustees provides an online policy manual for public reference.
Some of the policies that parents may wish to read pertaining to enrollment, student transfers, and school choice include:
Policy JFAA: Admission of Resident Students
Policy JFAAA: Assessing Legal Residence and Domicile
Policy JFAB: Nonresident Students
Policy JFABC: Student Transfers (in the process of being amended)
Policy JFABCA: Voluntary Transfers For Children Of CCSD Employees
The online CCSD policy manual provides links to the S.C. Code of Laws and State Board of Education Regulations for reference within each policy, as appropriate.
The policy manual contains additional information which may be of interest to families as they navigate the school choice process. Please browse the left sidebar of the policy manual for these additional topics.
If you have questions regarding the student transfer process, please contact your local Constituent Board Offices.
- Constituent Districts 1 & 2: Stephanie Skinner (843) 937-6378
- Constituent Districts 3 & 23: Donna Mungin (843) 937-6401
- Constituent District 4, 9, 10 : Toshiba Champaigne (843) 937-6425
- Constituent Districts 20: Lauren Gandy (843) 937-6303