Office of Family and Community Engagement
To facilitate effective communication and cultivate positive relationships among parents, schools and the community through increased engagement and by the provision of targeted resources and support.
Our staff is dedicated to building a stronger bridge between our schools, families, and communities, while also serving as a support and resource to parents and families to ensure student success. The Office of Family & Community Engagement uses strategies, initiatives and programs to promote positive resolution to issues that may arise between stakeholders.
- Field and facilitate resolutions to parent concerns and improve family and community relationships with our school and the district;
- Establish, manage, and grow School Improvement Councils (SICs);
- Identify and work with all district Parent-Teacher Association (PTAs) and Parent-Teacher Organizations (PTOs);
- Provide on-going opportunities for stakeholder dialogue and engagement with district staff and in district decision-making;
- Cross-train all family and parent relations support staff on strategic priority areas across the district and develop robust family engagement programs and opportunities;
- Conduct family and school mediation sessions;
- Steward strategic partnerships for the district including public, private, and philanthropic partners and campaigns.