Credit Monitoring Information for Families Impacted by Pearson Data Breach
If you are one of those affected individuals or represent an affected minor and choose to redeem this offer, you may activate your membership and start monitoring your or your minor’s personal information by following the steps below:
- Ensure that you enroll by: January 31, 2020 (Your code will not work after this date.)
- Visit the Experian IdentityWorks website to enroll and provide your activation code:
- If you are enrolling for an Adult: Experian website - enrolling for an adult
Provide your activation code: PF7N9N97G
- If you are enrolling for a minor: Experian website - enrolling for a minor
Provide your activation code: 4GCYX5C69
- If you are redeeming this for a minor, provide your minor’s information when prompted
You will be covered for up to 12 months.
If you have questions about the product please contact Experian’s customer care team at 866-883-3309 by January 31, 2020. Be prepared to provide engagement number DB12466 as proof of eligibility for the identity restoration services by Experian.
Additional details regarding your 12-month Experian IdentityWorks
A credit card is not required for enrollment in Experian IdentityWorks.
While we have no evidence that your data has been misused, you can contact Experian immediately should you suspect any fraud issues. Experian offers the following features once you enroll in Experian IdentityWorks for yourself or your minor:
- Identity Restoration: Identity Restoration agents are immediately available to help you address credit and non-credit related fraud.
- Experian IdentityWorks ExtendCARE: You receive the same high-level of Identity Restoration support even after your Experian IdentityWorks membership has expired.
- Up to $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance**: Provides coverage for certain costs and unauthorized electronic fund transfers.
The following additional features are also available:
- Experian credit report at signup: See what information is associated with your credit file. Daily credit reports are available for online members only.*
- Credit Monitoring: Actively monitors Experian file for indicators of fraud.
- Social Security Number Trace: Monitoring to determine whether enrolled minors in your household have an Experian credit report. Alerts of all names, aliases and addresses that become associated with your minor’s Social Security Number (SSN) on the Experian credit report.I
- Internet Surveillance: Technology searches the web, chat rooms & bulletin boards 24/7 to identify trading or selling of your personal information on the Dark Web.
If you believe there was fraudulent use of your or your minor’s information and would like to discuss how you may be able to resolve those issues, please reach out to an Experian agent at 866-883-3309. If, after discussing your situation with an agent, it is determined that Identity Restoration support is needed, then an Experian Identity Restoration agent is available to work with you to investigate and resolve each incident of fraud that occurred (including, as appropriate, helping you with contacting credit grantors to dispute charges and close accounts, assisting you in placing a freeze on your credit file with the three major credit bureaus, and assisting you with contacting government agencies to help restore your identity to its proper condition).
Please note that this Identity Restoration support is available to you for one year from the date of this letter and does not require any action on your part at this time. The Terms and Conditions for this offer are located at the Experian website. You will also find self-help tips and information about identity protection at this site.