School Choice Update (updated April 17, 2019)
The results (lottery/placement results) of the 2019-2020 School Choice application process will be shared via email starting this Thursday, April 18, 2019, at 5 p.m.
All applicants will receive their results for each school choice application submitted.
Please note that this result notification process could take several hours to complete.
The School Choice/Magnet application (online and paper) process for the Charleston County School District opened February 11, 2019, at 12:00 PM and will close on March 11, 2019, at 4:00 PM for paper application drop-off at designated sites and 11:59 PM for online application submissions.
Paper applications are now available to be printed from the district website or available for pickup at any one of the eight designated CCSD application receiving sites or through your school’s guidance counselor.
From February 11, 2019, until the application window closes on March 11, 2019, completed paper applications may be submitted at one of the following eight designated application receiving sites during the times outlined below:
School Choice in Charleston County
Each school-aged child in Charleston County is assigned to a neighborhood school based on grade level and home address. In addition, CCSD offers specialized programs, magnets, and charter schools.
Learn more about the types of choice options within CCSD by exploring this link where you will find information about each school, including a link to the individual school website.
- Countywide magnet
- Partial magnet
- Constituent magnet
- Charter schools
- Montessori programs
PLEASE NOTE: Child Development applications for non-Montessori schools are not available online. Applications for Child Development will be available at schools and online for printing beginning March 1, 2019. Voluntary transfer applications into Non-Magnet schools will also open on March 1.
Online Access & Application
The School Choice/Magnet application process for the Charleston County School District opened February 11, 2019, at 12:00 PM and will close on March 11, 2019, at 4:00 PM for paper application drop-off at designated sites and 11:59 PM for online application submission.
- Choice Application Parent/Guardian Reference Guide School Choice 2019-2020
- Online Application
- Paper Application (for printing and submitting at one of the eight designated sites as indicated above) - No longer accessible because the application window is now closed.
PLEASE NOTE: Receipt of an application confirmation is the acknowledgment of a complete application submission in the CCSD School Choice Application process. If submitting a paper application, please anticipate up to seven days for application processing to receive your application confirmation through email.
The timeline for the Charleston County School District (CCSD) School Choice Application process for the 2019-2020 school year is as follows:
- February 11, 2019: Online application opens at 12:00 PM; Paper applications can be picked up at designated receiving sites. (Receiving sites listed above on this page.)
- February 19, 2019: Application School Choice Parent Assistance Events from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM at the following locations:
- Camp Road Middle School
2. North Charleston High School
3. St. John's High School
- February 23, 2019: School Choice Regional Fairs (a showcase opportunity for parents to learn more about all CCSD schools) from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM at these 4 locations:
- Mamie P. Whitesides Elementary School, 1565 Rifle Range Road, Mt. Pleasant SC
2. C.E. Wiliams Middle School, 640 Butte Street, Charleston SC
3. North Charleston High School, 1087 East Montague Avenue, North Charleston SC
4. St. John's High School, 1518 Main Road, Johns Island SC
- February 26, 2019: Application School Choice Parent Assitance Events from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM at the following locations:
- Laing Middle School
2. C.E. Williams Middle School
3. Burke High School
- March 5, 2019: Application School Choice Parent Assistance Events from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM at the following locations:
- North Charleston High School
2. Baptist Hill Middle-High School
- March 11, 2019: Application cycle closes
- Paper applications drop-off at designated sites by 4:00 PM
- Online applications to be submitted by 11:59 PM
- April 18, 2019: Application decisions will be released through the student online dashboard for all applicants who received an official application confirmation (for submitted online or paper applications).
- May 6, 2019: Deadline for a seat offered to be accepted or declined
- June 28, 2019: Residency address confirmations must be received
PLEASE NOTE: All officially submitted applications will receive an application confirmation to confirm their submission is complete.
For general questions about School Choice, call 843-937-6582.