To safely provide an efficient, cost-effective, and reliable transportation service for the students and parents in a manner that supports the education and extracurricular objectives of the district.
Charleston County is the second largest school system in South Carolina and encompasses 1,300 square miles. Transportation is provided to 78 schools servicing approximately 19,000 students utilizing 372 buses on a two-tier system with approximately 5,452 stops and 1,300 runs.
School Bus Safety
Getting Safely On and Off a School Bus
Bus Route, Stop, and Driver Information
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year. Please utilize the School Bus Lookup Tool which is designed for students, parents, and schools to locate their bus stops. Stop times are subject to change, please review your stop times periodically. Ensure you arrive at your bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Bus routes, stops, and drivers are subject to change. Please review your bus information periodically.
First View (Bus Tracking/Notification)
Registration start dates:
- Regular and Magnet school routes will be 8/9/22
- Special Needs routes will be 8/15/22
Bus stops may appear in the Bus Stop Lookup Tool prior to showing up in First View. First View stop information is updated on Tuesdays of each week. If you cannot locate your stop, please check back on the following Tuesday afternoon.
Please refresh your browser before viewing The Bus Stop Lookup Tool to ensure you are viewing the current stops.
- Bus Stop Lookup Tool
- On the Bus Lookup Tool website, select the Click for Help button on the top of the page for instructions to navigate the website. "If you are using ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY and are having trouble navigating the bus stop lookup tool, please email email@example.com for assistance."
- Stop information and locations can change, please check this website often.
- Bus Stop Guidelines
- Bus Stop Guidelines(en español)
- Bus Stop Request
- Your home address must be updated in PowerSchool. The request will be reviewed when your address is updated in PowerSchool.
- Submit a Complaint/Feedback
- Provide positive feedback, suggestions or complaints.
- Bus Tracking App - First View
- Customer Service 1-888-889-8920 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bus Tracking App -
- First View(en español)
- First View School Codes
- Parent/Guardian Bus Stop Responsibility
- Parent/Guardian Bus Stop Responsibility(en español)
Coastal Bus Line
Parents and Students
- 2022-2023 Bell Schedule
- Red Tag Sibling Permission Form
- Red Tag Sibling Permission Form(en español)
- Sibling Use of Special Needs Transportation Request Form
- Sibling Use of Special Needs Transportation Request Form(en español)
- Special Needs Transportation Handbook
- Special Needs Transportation Handbook (en español)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions(en español)
- South Carolina Department of Education School Bus Safety
- Carry On Items and Band Instruments
- Sex Offender Registry List
Executive Director of Transportation
CCSD Transportation INTRAnet Page (NOTE: For CCSD Staff Only - Login Required)