About the High School Learning Community
Dr. Sherry Eppelsheimer
Associate Superintendent of High Schools
75 Calhoun Street
Charleston, SC 29401
The Secondary Learning Community (SLC) in Charleston County School District believes in the connection between a positive and supportive CULTURE/CLIMATE, COLLABORATION across schools and districts, and rigorous, data-analyzed CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION to ensure students are ready for whatever they chose to do upon graduation, whether that is going directly to full-time work, into the Armed Services, to college, or any combination of these.
In order to demonstrate readiness, our students must meet at least ONE of these important indicators:
1. Earning Silver or above on WIN
2. Earning a 20 or above on ACT
3. Earning 1020 or above on SAT
4. Being a CTE Completer, earning a nationally-approved score on approved CTE coursework
5. Finishing a state-approved Work-Based Internship, with the required number of hours and placement
6. Earning a "C" (70) or higher score on all required End of Course tests
7. Scoring a 3 or higher on an English, Math, Science, or Social Studies Advanced Placement test
8. Scoring a "C" (70) or higher in two Dual Credit courses (6 hours) in either English or math.
9. Earning a score of 31 or above on ASVAB