It is our priority to still provide educational and social-emotional support to our scholars during this time.
Please see important information below as it relates to the services we will be providing during this extended school closing:
1. Student Work will be available on a digital platform for all scholars.
Free and Reduced Internet Options: https://www.
2. Meals- Charleston County School District will offer a drive-thru, “Grab & Go” style Meal Service at West Ashley Middle School from 11am-1pm Monday through Friday. There is also a meal delivery site via School Bus at Parmello (St Andrews Gardens) from 11am-12pm. Students 18 years or younger will be provided lunch and breakfast for the following day. For information and other "Grab & Go" sites visit: https://www.ccsdschools.com/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=488&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=17381&PageID=1
3. Communication- The school will be communicating with families 1-2 times weekly during our time out of school, through emails and/or phone calls. If you have class or academic course questions, you will communicate with your child's teacher through daily office hours which will be communicated with you.
4. To access your student's work, look under the Student tab at the top of the page. Select the student's appropriate "Grade level Temporary Closure Info" tab. On this page you will find instructions for Zoom, Google classroom codes for each teacher and teacher email addresses for each grade level. By using the the Google classroom codes, your student will be able to access all of their assignments and instruction materials. Any questions, please contact the teacher via email. **This will be available by Wendesday 3/18**
5. Socio-Emotional Learning- We would like to continue to support our students with socio-emotional learning through Second Steps and other resources. Please visit the School Counseling tab for instructions on accessing Second Steps and other resources and support.
We know that this situation is emerging and changing very quickly. We appreciate your support, understanding and flexibility during this unusual time. If you have any further questions, please reach me via email at email@example.com.
sc.us. For questions about student work, please reach out to your child’s respective teachers. Thank you for allowing us to educate your child, and we look forward to our students returning in a few weeks.
- IT Helpline for students and families (843-849-3400)
To all of our family members and students: stay safe!
West Ashley-Advanced Studies Magnet is a partial magnet that offers students and families in the West Ashley attendance zone a unique opportunity to participate in advanced studies and honors programs for grades 6 - 8. The curriculum at ASM focuses on cultivating knowledge and skills that prepare students for high school and serves as an excellent foundation for the rigorous demands of college.
The culture of the school is grounded in the PBIS (Positive Behavior Instructional Support) model. Behavioral expectations set the stage for teachers to be able to teach and for students to learn and achieve at high levels.
The faculty, staff and administration are dedicated to supporting the academic and social achievement of students at West Ashley ASM.