Department of School Support
The Department of School Support is committed to establishing a positive school climate in every part of Charleston County School District as well as providing support for students, teachers, administrators, and parents. Our department oversees CCSD's four alternative programs that serve students with various needs and challenges. We serve students who have not found success in traditional school settings. We work to build skills and confidence so to reunite them to their school community.
Mission: Provide a robust system of student, educator, and leader supports
Strategy: Establish systems for social-emotional supports for all students
- Implement Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) across CCSD;
- Improve School Climate and Student Agency across CCSD through incorporation Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and other social - emotional learning curricula;
- Implement consistent procedures and practices for school discipline, including the Student Code of Code;
- Improve attendance across CCSD;
- Provide a continuum of alternative choices for students Kindergarten to 21, including Homebound Services;
- Provide specialized supports for students, teachers, and leaders in Targeted Support Schools.
Department of School Support Contact Information:
4720 Jenkins Avenue
North Charleston,SC 29405