Nomination Testing Window Update:
- Students who have been nominated for gifted identification are being assessed in September.
- We are working hard to ensure that students who are newly identified as gifted are able to begin service as soon as possible.
- Official status updates and score reports will be emailed to all families of students who tested within 30 days of the completion of the assessment.
Gifted and Talented - Academic
Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented fosters in each student a desire for excellence, compassion for others, and a sense of individual responsibility to self, the school, the community, and a changing society.
How We Directly Support Schools
- Challenge and stimulate the Academically Gifted and Talented student.
- Assist in delivering a teaching approach that enriches and accelerates the learning of core content according to the state’s curriculum standards.
- Provide on-going professional development in gifted and talented curriculum and teaching strategies.
- Provide support (mentoring, PD) for teachers, administrators, parents, and the communities of CCSD.
Our Core Services
- Identifying and placing all CCSD academically Gifted and Talented students in grades 3-12 according to the mandated specifications of the Education Improvement Act of South Carolina (Regulation 43-220).
- Providing each Gifted and Talented child opportunities for intellectual stimulation through group interaction with students of similar academic abilities and a curriculum of experiences and activities outside the limits of the regular classroom.
- Empowering each gifted child to recognize and fully utilize his or her specific unique talents and to strive for excellence while contributing to self and others.
Gifted and Talented Office
St. Andrews Campus
721 Wappoo Road
Charleston, SC 29407
Office Phone: 843-402-7836
Office Fax: 843-402-7835