April 13, 2020
Good evening Eagle Families,
With week 2 down, you guys are showing your mettle, and that you are able to rise to the occasion and beat the odds, even when they are not in our favor. Keep pushing and stay positive as we work through this extended closure. Remember students are still in school and online work should be submitted daily. If you are having trouble with WiFI or internet connections please visit the CCSD website to see the location of your mobile hubs, device exchanges, and meal drop pickup spots.
Parents or cadets, if you have questions please contact your instructors immediately.
9th and 10th grade parents, IGP packets were mailed home last Friday, please email and contact your school counselor this week.
12th grade cadets please actively monitor and follow-up with action items on the Senior student guidance google classroom.
If you have not already, please subscribe to the following pages;
Facebook: Military Magnet Academy
Teachers will be available to answer questions directly through multiple platforms and email between the hours of 9am -3pm:
This week is Spirit week. Be sure to send your pictures and videos in to Mrs. Reed capturing your participation.
Mon. - #FlattenTheCurveSC_MMA
Tue. - Pajama Day
Wed. - Workout Day
Thur. - Master Chef Day
Fri. - School Spirit Day/ Gardening Day
Cadets Emmanuel Guerrero, Miguel Perea, Javon Young, Quinn Davenport, ShaNeara Moore, and Deante Green for increasing their work submissions. Keep up the good work, and I will definitely be recognizing others.
Please stay safe, stay inside, and let's all help #FlattenTheCurve. Let's have a great week Eagle Family.
The Military Magnet Academy is a caring school where all cadets are challenged to learn every day. The Military Magnet Academy prepares students to become competent, disciplined, and responsible citizens by providing the necessary learning environment. The Military Magnet Academy is committed to student academics, extracurricular activities, and parent and community involvement. The academic program develops the whole person by providing a foundation for success in today’s world of high technology.
The mission of the Military Magnet Academy is to achieve academic excellence, to develop citizenship, and to promote self-discipline in a military environment.
Palmetto Award Winner
Since 2005, the Military Magnet Academy has consistently won the Palmetto Gold and Silver Awards for closing the achievement gaps and demonstrating the school's commitment to excellence and ensuring that every student meets the profile of the South Carolina graduate.
Did you know?
- MMA is a public school, not a residential or private school
- MMA is a leadership school, not a discipline school for troubled youth
- MMA promotes military values, but cadets do not have to join the military after graduation
- MMA offers high school credit in middle school and dual credit college classes in high school
- MMA cadets will be able to attend the new CAS, one of three regional career centers in the school district
- MMA cadets have the opportunity to earn the Military Seal of Distinction at graduation
- MMA 2019's On-time graduation rate was 95%
- MMA Overall Rating in the 2018-2019 SC School Report Card was "Good," which means that "the school performance exceeds the criteria to ensure all students meet the profile of the South Carolina graduate."
- At MMA, each middle school grade level is assigned a military tactical officer, who serves as the Leadership class instructor and mentor
- At MMA, the teacher-student ratio is 20:1
- At MMA, teachers, counselors, administrators and support staff go above and beyond the call of duty to serve students, parents, community members, and fellow staff members.
MMA Uniform Compliance Expectations
- Female Cadets: You are allowed to wear small studded earrings, clear polish or french manicured business style nails, the hairstyle should not be bulky, hang off of the collar and shoulders, be its natural color and fit into the MMA hat properly.
- Male Cadets: Are not allowed to wear earrings, matted hairstyles, twists, or dreadlocks, only one straight part in hair, and zero facial hair with exception of a neatly trimmed mustache.
- All cadets: Should wear black calf-high socks, blacks MMA shirts for cadet leaders, white MMA shirt for all other cadets, the official MMA red shorts, and the appropriate grade level hat, and sneakers. If you need a hat please be prepared to purchase one tomorrow morning.
- No hooded sweatshirts or jackets are allowed on campus.
- No earbuds, EarPods, or headphones are allowed to be worn on campus.