- Foot Locker Scholars Athletes Program is offering a $20,000 scholarship. Apply at footlocker.com. Deadline is December 13, 2019.
- The 2019-2020 Palmetto School Counseling Association Scholarship is now accepting applications. The Palmetto State School Counselor Association awards three high school seniors a $1,000.00 non-renewable scholarship to assist with post-secondary education costs.
- Must be a high school senior attending a public or private secondary school in the state of South Carolina.
- Must be a permanent resident of the state of South Carolina.
- Must plan to attend a post-secondary institution during the 2020-2021 school year
- Submit an application through this Google link: https://forms.gle/4uaezBFjqt71WVXx8
- Complete an essay of no more than 500 words about a school counselor who has made a difference in your academic, career, social, and/or emotional development. You may additionally include your career goals, post-secondary education plans, and an explanation for how the scholarship will help you.
- Include an official copy of high school transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation.
- A copy of your admission letter or another form of verification of acceptance to college, university, technical school, or training center must be provided before receiving funds.
Criteria for selection:
- High school academic record
- Community service, and school activities
- Letter of recommendation (non-family member)
Deadline is December 31, 2019.
- The OppU Achievers Scholarship is now accepting applications for our December 31 deadline.
Scholarship Name: OppU Achievers Scholarship
Award Amount: $2,500
Eligibility: High school seniors, college students, graduate students; cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0; U.S. citizen or resident
To Apply: Students submit a short response to the question "What makes you an achiever?"
To apply, students submit a short essay through our application portal. The achiever will be selected in January and receive $2,500 for educational expenses.
Encourage your students to apply by adding our application portal to any scholarship listings or resource pages that your school maintains.
- The Hampton Wildlife Fund is offering several scholarships to those that are interested in pursuing a career in the natural resources discipline of wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry, marine, or environmental sciences as well as law enforcement, criminal justice, forensic science, journalism, advertising, public relations, and mass communication. Deadline to apply is January 31, 2019. Apply at hamptonwildlifefund.org/scholarship.html.
- Harry Hampton Scholarship- $2500/yr. for 4 years.
- Wallace F. Pate Scholarship- $1500
- Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation- $2500
- David M. Cline Scholarship- $2000
- James O. Thomason Scholarship- $1000
- The Suzannah Blackwell Memorial Scholarship application is for exceptional (current or former) English Learners (ELs) admitted and enrolled full-time to an accredited university. However, don't wait to be accepted before you apply. *Only current SC and NC High School Seniors are eligible, and you must be attending an accredited US university or community college in the 2019 -2020 school year. Apply at carolinatesol.shuttlepod.org Deadline: January 15, 2020.
- The Silver Pen Writing Competition deadline is February 14, 2020. To apply, students must write a 1000 word essay on the following topic: What do you want your legacy to be? What do you want to have accomplished? What are your goals in life? What is your definition of living a good life? Please apply at Silverpen-Slc.com.
- DAR has 26 different scholarships available. Minimum criteria for each scholarship is students must be a US citizen and plan to attend an accredited college or university in the United States.
Scholarship Categories are:
- General Scholarship
- Political Science, History, Government & Economics
- Medical & Nursing
- Specific College Scholarships
- DAR Rise Up Scholarship Flyer
- Deadline is February 15, 2020.
- The Continental Societ, Inc., Mid-Atlantic Region Scholarship- Student must have been accepted to a four year college or university. Please see Ms. Jenkins for an application. Deadline to apply is February 20, 2020.
- The Wilhelmina Gray Foundation is offering several scholarships to qualifying senior students. Deadline to apply is February 28, 2020. See Ms. Jenkins for an application.
- The Ron McWhirt/Mark Cobb Scholarship is open to a CCSD graduating senior whose parent/legal guardian is a full time employee of Charleston County School District. Student can be planning to attend either a 2 year or 4 year college/university.Dealine is March 13, 2020.
- The Parnall Law Office is proud to offer the 2020 Scholarship Program that is designed to help interested high school (upon graduation from high school) or college students in the United States to attend an institution of higher education, while also bringing to attention to the dangers of distracted driving. $5000 in prizes will be awarded to the top 3 applicants. The deadline is March 17, 2020. Go to https://www.hurtcallbert.com/scholarships/ for more information.
- The Peck Law Firm is offering a scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to students interested in attending a four year college or university. Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Please apply at http://thepeckfirm.com/?s=2017+scholarship. Deadline is May 31.
Many opportunities for other scholarships at:
ACT and SAT fee waivers are now available for Seniors. See Ms. Jenkins in Guidance.