CCSD Lead Story - October 16, 2012
The month of October is being recognized as National Principals Month. Observed by both national and state declarations, National Principals Month is a widely recognized commemoration of school administrators. This month, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) and the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) seek to honor the diligent endeavors of these unsung heroes.
During this month, we want to say, “Thank you” to all CCSD principals for the leadership role they fill, even in the face of adversity, and for their relentless efforts to produce better schools for our students.
Parents, students, teachers, and staff can perform acts of appreciation throughout the month to acknowledge the efforts performed by these educational leaders. Organizations and communities are sharing ideas on how to get involved and show their administrators how much they appreciate them. Activities and other celebrations in honor of school principals, will take place around the nation this month.
Here are a few creative tips on how you can show your principal that you appreciate them:
- Write a poem, letter, or notes of appreciation.
- Organize abreakfast or lunch, or after school reception.
- Teachers or parents can have their students write notes like “You’re Awesome!” “Thank You!” and “We Appreciate You!”
- Decorate the office, entryway, or hallways of the school honoring the principal.
- Give flowers or novelty gifts as nice gesture to show principals your gratitude.
There is no right or wrong way to show your principal that you are grateful for all that they do. Just have fun!
Click here to learn more about National Principal Month.