CCSD Lead Story - November 13, 2012
The State of South Carolina released the 2012 report card data this morning and CCSD continues to make tremendous gains.
In a press conference this morning at Dunston Primary School, Superintendent McGinley shared the district's results and personally thanked every CCSD teacher and principal in the district.
"This continued progress is a testament to our teachers' hard work, our principals' leadership, and our parents' and community members' commitment to public schools," said Superintendent McGinley. "We’re very encouraged by these results, and at the same time, we’re not content so long as there are achievement gaps."
Vision 2016—is all about accelerating our progress, setting bold goals, focusing our resources on proven strategies, and building an accountability system driven by what’s best for students and the entire community.
Here are some quick statistics:
- The number of CCSD schools rated “Excellent” by the State of South Carolina has grown from 26 to 29 while the number of “At-Risk” schools has decreased from 10 to 8. The number of “At-Risk” schools is in the single digits for the first time ever.
- Last year, 49.7 percent of CCSD students attended an “Excellent” rated school, this year 50.5% of students attend an “Excellent” rated schools.
- Our graduation rate increased from 67 percent (2010), 72.2 percent (2011) to 75.5 percent (2012), which is .5 percent above the state average.
- 54 of the 79 schools have shown an increase in their “Absolute Index” over the past 3 years.
- 9 out 14 Innovation Zone Schools saw improvements in their “Absolute” ratings.
- Dunston Primary moved from an AVERAGE "Absolute" rating to an EXCELLENT rating. They are the only school that moved two full ratings.
- 16 report card “Absolute” rating increases.
- Chicora Elementary
- EB Ellington Elementary
- Malcolm C. Hursey Elementary
- Mary Ford Elementary
- Matilda Dunston Primary
- Mitchell Elementary
- Pinehurst Elementary
- Springfield Elementary
- Baptist Hill Middle-High (Middle School)
- Baptist Hill Middle-High (High School)
- CE Williams Middle
- Morningside Middle
- Northwoods Middle
- Sanders-Clyde Elementary-Middle (Middle School)
- St. John's High
- West Ashley High