2012 Charleston Marathon: How You Can Get Involved
Did you know that the annual Charleston Marathon benefits the Youth Endowment for the Arts, a non-profit endowment that supports the expansion of quality fine arts programming for Charleston County School District (CCSD) students?
The 2012 Marathon events, occurring on the weekend of January 13-15, are going to be bigger and more exciting than ever before, and there are multiple ways that YOU can become involved in this dynamic premier celebration of the arts, CCSD students, and fitness!
- Volunteer!: Countless opportunities exist for children and adults to contribute before, during, and after the event. Learn more about these opportunities by visiting the Marathon's Volunteer webpage, or school personnel can contact CCSD's Fine Arts by email or at (843) 937-6586.
- Become a School Adopt-A-Mile or Business Partner!:
- CCSD schools are again invited to "adopt-a-mile." This is a fun-filled way for students to actively contribute to and benefit from the festivities. Please contact CCSD's Fine Arts by email or at (843) 937-6586 for more information.
- Area businesses— including presenting sponsor Harris Teeter, T-Bonz Restaurant Group, Fox Music and many more— have already pledged their support for this year's event, and it's not too late for your organization to become a business partner.
- Register!: The weekend's events include a youth marathon, full marathon, half marathon, 5K, and bike ride. Secure your spot by registering today!
- Mark Your Calendar and Learn More!: If you do not volunteer or participate in the festivities, please show your support for the arts, CCSD students and the participants by bringing your families and friends to cheer on the athletes and CCSD students who will be performing. Get the latest news about the event by visiting the Marathon website and signing up for electronic updates.