Teacher Application and Hiring Process Overview
Thank you for your interest in joining the CCSD team. Applicants must be US citizens or have a Work Visa or Work Permit.
Candidates for teacher positions must complete the CCSD Online Teacher Application. When you arrive at this page you should see Charleston County School District’s logo at the top of the screen, along with two tabs that say “External Applicants” and “Internal Applicants”.
- If you have never been employed by CCSD, please click on “Start an application for employment” located under the “External Applicants” tab.
- If you have previously been employed by CCSD, please click on “Submit an internal application/transfer form” located under the “Internal Applicants” tab.
- Once you have clicked on your respective tab, please follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete your AppliTrack application.
Communications with Principals
All applicants must complete the AppliTrack application and upload all required documents. Apply to all vacancies of interest, contact the appropriate Recruitment Specialist for a review of your application, and then contact Principals directly to express interest in a specific vacancy.
Only candidates who have completed an AppliTrack application and applied for a teacher position(s) through AppliTrack will be viewed by principals for vacancies. Principals will select candidates for interviews for the teacher vacancies at the school and the principal makes a hiring recommendation for the teacher vacancy. Once the principal recommends a candidate for employment, a Recruitment Specialist will begin the clearance process and contact the candidate to let them know what documents are needed in order to move forward with the hiring recommendation.
Candidate Consideration/Required Documentation
All documents with the exception of the confidential reference forms should be uploaded to your applicant file when submitting an application
A complete file must be registered with Teacher Recruitment to include:
- A copy of the most current teacher certification or verification of pending certification from your college
- A signed South Carolina Certification Information Letter
- Appropriate test scores (copies are accepted)
- Appropriate transcripts (unofficial is acceptable)
- Two (2) submissions of the Teacher Confidential Reference Form included on AppliTrack or Placement File for New Teachers. Please note that we are unable to accept confidential references placed on the CERRA State of South Carolina Teacher Application.
- References must include your current or most recent supervisor.
- References should include classroom cooperating teacher and student teacher college supervisor for beginning teachers.
- You must complete the middle portion of the form and include the position for which you are applying.
- The person completing the form may upload into AppliTrack system, fax to (843) 937-6592 or mail to Teacher Recruitment office, 75 Calhoun Street, Charleston, SC 29401.